ten

"this is the last warehouse and we're good to go now," minhyung sang happily as the workers continued their job.

jeno could only smile and mounted on the horse, feeling relieved that they were done for the day. "i'm grateful that none of the thieves come to attack us."

"mhm. but we still need to be careful. who knows that maybe they'll appear out of the woods," minhyung said and urged his horse to move forward.

"you're right. we still--"

"jeno watch out!"

the horse jeno mounted on screeched loudly as jeno pulled up the straps to avoid the arrow that was aimed at him. luckily, it landed on the tree next to jeno.

"we're under attack!" jeno yelled, alarming the group as he jumped off the horse followed by minhyung.

the sword was fished out from its scabbard, pointing at the arrived enemies. minhyung and jeno immediately knew they were the thieves that they had talked about earlier. they were wearing all black from head to toes and half of their faces were covered that only their eyes were visible. the group consisted of 10 people but from their posture, it was obvious they were the skillful ones. without wasting any time, the armies stepped forward and fought for their lives as the sound of the clashing blades filled the area.

"minhyung, stay behind me," jeno huffed as he sliced one of the thieves' chest with his sword- blood splattering on the ground and some on jeno's face.

minhyung fought the ones that came from the other side as his back and jeno's stuck to each other like glue. "fuck! i knew they'll attack us!"

jeno spun around and helped minhyung finishing the one who stubbornly wanted to lay the blade on minhyung's body. in a flash, jeno slit the latter's neck, applying more force so his vein was cut. he fell down immediately as minhyung kicked his face.

"nice," minhyung smirked.

jeno chuckled and grabbed minhyung's hand in his as he went to their group who needed help. "don't go far from me," jeno said to minhyung before he raised his sword and fought the thief.

minhyung didn't seem to understand what that meant and being the rock head he was, he took two long strides ahead of jeno as one of the rivals looked like their leader. minhyung snorted as he went near him who was alerted by minhyung's presence. 

"you must be the leader, aren't you?" minhyung asked, swinging his sword toward him but he quickly blocked it.

the latter didn't answer and he just furrowed his brows as he pushed minhyung away. taken aback by the great impact, minhyung stumbled a bit and gritted his teeth. minhyung lurched forward and swung his sword left then right, wanting to break the latter's defense but to no avail. 

jeno sensed that the crown prince was nowhere to find as he cursed under his breath. squinting his eyes to search for minhyung, he spotted him being attacked by who he assumed the leader of the thieves. 

jeno ran toward the two males and did a jump kick that his feet landed perfectly on the thief's jaw. he flew to the ground, groaning in pain.

"minhyung! are you okay?!" jeno studied minhyung's state in panic.

minhyung nudged him away as he wiped the blood at the corner of his lips. "i can finish him jeno! for fuck's sake!"

"i'm supposed to protect you! and you're no match to fight him so don't you dare!" jeno growled, pulling minhyung toward him.