Only Her Fears

Warning: Flashbacks of descriptive rape and abuse. Some of my readers are not fond of intimate writing, so please skip the second half of this chapter if you are not comfortable with a somewhat descriptive, intimate scene.

Author's Note I wonder what Doctor Strange 2 will be like. Can't wait to see Wanda and Strange being the awesome magic wielders that they are!

September 5th, 2017 - Steve's Hotel Room, Ireland

Steve, Wanda, and Natasha waited impatiently for Sam to return from the market with food and other goods. Steve insisted that he go and help with the trip so that Sam didn't have to carry all those goods back to the hotel room (but he honestly just didn't want to stay and hear Wanda and Nat ramble on about whatever girls talk about). And just his luck, Sam told him that he could take care of himself because he's a "big boy," causing a burst of startling, but not surprising, laughter from the girls.

Wanda and Natasha were playing a few rounds of blackjack to pass the time while going on about the latest fashion trends and celebrity gossip, but the conversation quickly flipped to Nat talking about a "hella hot guy" she saw down the hallway. Wanda tried her best to not giggle as Nat went on about the description of the guy she saw.

"Oh my God. Like, I don't get interested in guys, but you know, I'm just bored nowadays with being on the run for more than a year," she started. "But his abs," she hissed wildly, indulged in a fantasy. Natasha had practically dragged Wanda while she was buying snacks last night to secretly point out the guy she was obviously crushing on. "I mean, come on! You saw him. Isn't he hot?"

Wanda covered her mouth partially to hide her laughter. "Well, first off, I can't really say anything about his appearance because I'm in a relationship, Natasha, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know you exist. I mean, yeah, probably as the infamous Black Widow. But not you, presently, here and now. You gotta chill before you get carried away."

Natasha huffed, "Oh, you mean how you don't get carried away when you talk about or see Vision?" She raised a brow and looked at her with a smirk.

She looked up at her with a scrunched nose and a half-embarrassed, half-furious look in her eyes. "Huh, well at least I have a lover that knows I exist! I have an excuse when I get carried away by that super adorable, incredibly loving, and freaking cute synthezoid."

"Yeah, yeah," she murmured. "A synthezoid who is also on the opposite side of this law war we're in."

Wanda glared at Natasha and threw a playing card that was laying on the table at her. "Hmph," Wanda said in a high-pitched voice as she crossed her arms and tilted her head up and to the side. "Well, at least he loves me so much that he'll risk his own governmental safety to travel to the other side of the world to see me." She cleared her throat in a sarcastic manner. "I got lucky."

"And we all hate you for that, the end," Natasha said quickly, reciprocating Wanda's sarcasm.

"Hey!" she shouted and they both started to laugh.

Steve shook his head and sighed, "I'll never understand girls. Lord, help me." He shifted his gaze upwards to represent a plead for help from God.

"Shut up, Rogers," Natasha grumbled and stared at him with playful menace. "I'll never understand you."

He directed his gaze to the woman who was looking at him. "What is it that you don't understand about me, Romanoff?" he asked lowly with a tinge of sarcasm.

She slammed her cards down and placed her elbow on the table while holding up her head with her hand. "Why didn't you jump out of the plane before it crashed in the ice?"