Infinity War - Part 1: Incursion

Author's Note: We're finally here. The Infinity War.

In two weeks time, more of the Avengers discovered about Wanda's pregnancy. She and Rhodes watched as Tony ran to Vision, gave him a hug, and said that his "Robo-son was growing up," causing a snicker from Wanda. Even though the past years of hardship and holding grudges, she and Stark found themselves sharing a long-lasting hug and shedding tears when he gave the couple a warmhearted speech.

And during that time, Stark decided to call Ross and schedule a meeting between them and the rest of the team to talk about this pregnancy, how it would affect the team, and when they should go public. However, Tony didn't mention to Ross that the meeting would be about this newfound pregnancy for he didn't think it would be best to introduce this complicated event over the phone.

Now, the couple is at a lunch at the Barton household with some of their other friends to share the exciting news.

Wanda watched dazedly as little Nathaniel adjusted and squirmed in his booster seat at the end of the table. She smiled softly to herself while discretely rubbing her belly, wondering about raising a toddler in the future, what it would be like. She adored the two-year-old.

A hand crept around hers and linked with her fingers. Her concentration on Nate eating small bits of sliced apples was broken and she turned her head to her loving boyfriend gazing at her with sweet eyes.

Her eyes flickered to Laura, hands in oven gloves, setting down a glass tray of broccoli casserole. Wanda immediately tensed a bit and pursed her lips as the smell invaded her nostrils. Vision warned her about this; women in the first trimester of their pregnancy usually experience hyperosmia or smell aversion. He told her that it was caused by the change of hormones, usually estrogen. Now she understood what the feeling was like, and she reached out to him mentally, saying, "Vis, I think I'm having that smell sensitivity thing you mentioned." She bit her lip as she rubbed her stomach to ease her nausea.

"You do have the peppermint oil I gave you, yes?" he replied, almost curious to this strange new feeling she was experiencing for the first time during her pregnancy.

She nodded slightly before realizing they weren't having a verbal conversation and blushed a bit, worrying that someone saw her strange behavior, but no one did. She reached into her purse on the floor and quickly inhaled the smell of peppermint under the table, pretending that she was searching for something in her purse, and sighed when the nausea relieved.

She quickly put the small bottle back into her purse and put on a smile, acting normal again.

As everyone, including the older Barton children, passed the bowls and trays around to place food on their place, Wanda gave Vision a smile and gestured to start the announcement of her pregnancy. When he saw that everyone was pretty much done with getting enough food and started to slightly small talk, he cleared his throat.

"All of you here have been so kind to Wanda and me during the last few years despite the public view on our existences. We appreciate all that you have done for us, even on the run, helping us find each other in Europe. When I wasn't there, you kept her safe, and I'm grateful for that. And even though the year and a half were during...hard times and frightening experiences," he paused to squeeze Wanda's hand, "it was also filled with joy, spending days with each other, and today is a day that we would like to rejoin the joy and happiness by sharing thrilling news that has changed," he looked at his beloved, "our lives for the better. Wanda, would you?"

She smiled, nodded, and looked at her friends who were waiting for what was to be shared. Clint looked at Wanda with fatherly eyes and a warm smile, and Sam, uncharacteristically, was almost at the edge of his seat. "I'm pregnant," she said with complete and utter joy in her voice, almost breathless.