Taciturn

Warnings: Electroshock and mentions of abuse.

Author's Note: Don't panic! Vision will be there for Wanda as always!

Curled up, head against the wall, and eyes staring blankly, Wanda Maximoff was held prisoner once again at the high-security (ironic due to how easily her friends managed to free her before) prison, the Raft. She was back at the place where she was tormented and abused. She still wore a shock collar for disciplinary reasons. The reason why, however, is because when she was rescued the first time, her overseer was killed by Vision. She was free of sexual and physical abuse that she experienced the first time. It made her at ease, but she was emotionless as she was alone this time. She hadn't said a word to anyone since she entered this place again.

That was until Vision came to visit her for the first time in a few days.

She stared at nothing, only mindlessly listening to her own breathing until she was disturbed by one of the Raft guards who opened the entrance to the sector she was staying at.

"Let's see," he said to himself. "Wanda Maximoff?" he asked to himself.

She didn't turn her head but flicked her eyes over to see him.

His fingers ran down the words of the page he was holding. "You have...let's see...a visitor," he said before looking over at her. "Uh...Vision from the Avengers Compound."

Her head perked up at this. So he was finally visiting her as he promised.

"Sorry...I'm new at this. Only been here for a week or so," he said shyly. "I'm Matt, by the way. I know some about you. You're called the Scarlet Witch, right?"

She nodded slowly.

He looked at her with wonder, then a modest friendliness. "The treatment here is pretty bad, I know. I'm sorry about all this. Shocks can't be fun." He skimmed the bottom of the paper he was holding. "Are you okay with a visitor today?"

She nodded hesitantly. She had never seen a Raft guard be so...friendly. Her curiosity was making her thoughts whirl. She wondered how a prison guard could be kind and sympathetic.

He smiled. "I'll send him in. Also...uh...is there anything I can get you?"

"N-no," she quietly responded. "I'd just like to see him, please."

"All right," he said before walking away.

She pursed her lips nervously as she waited for Vision to walk through those doors. Her stomach turned with excitement and her eyes filled with tears as she was heartbreakingly lonely without him. She wanted to be near him, as close as she could get, but that was impossible with a wall of glass in her way. She wondered if she could even handle seeing him without being able to unbearably want to hold and kiss him.

And when he walked through the entrance, that's exactly what she felt. "Vis," she breathed as a tear ran down her cheek.

His heart rate, if he ever had one, picked up as he heard her voice. He didn't wait to walk over to her cell and sit down on the floor in front of it. "Wanda, it's alright. I'm here."

She looked sadly at him. "I want to get out of here," she sobbed. "I don't want to stay in this place. Not again!"

His eyes grew a concerned look. "Are you okay? Is someone hurting you?"

She shook her head. "No one's hurting me, Vis. Not like before. I just hate this place so much from what happened."

His gaze flickered to her neck where a shock collar was wrapped, and his shoulders fell. "You...you're still receiving electroshock?"

She nodded. "Daily shocks for discipline, but not for entertainment. I haven't gotten shocked today and I don't know when I will," she responded. "It's so lonely here. I'm bored out of my mind and...and I miss you," she said quietly and looked away.

"I'm so sorry, love. I wish there was something I could do about that," he whispered, not letting the security camera sound system pick up his words. "I miss you as well," he said, closing his eyes. A moment of silence went by before he spoke again, "Mr. Stark and I are working on getting The Sokovia Accords revoked."

Her head shot up. "Are you serious?" she asked in disbelief.

"I am. Either that or an opportunity to change your status as a fugitive. After you were transferred here, I had a discussion with Secretary Ross about the abuse you experienced. I explained that I had been visiting you in secret and that's how I have knowledge of this."

"You...you're not in trouble?"

"In a way, yes. I will be receiving disciplinary action, but after he read your reports and reviewed the security tapes of you being...unknowingly forced to be in a room with a camera blind spot, he forgave my actions and demanded that the others who had known about this be fired and sentenced to prison. The guard that sexually assaulted you is already...deceased and I am not guilty of protecting your safety for he was armed and threatened to hurt both of us. I had Mr. Stark look into my memory core to bring up secure footage from when I found you as evidence."

"Thank you, Vis," she let out a broken whisper, hopeful that she might be able to be free. "I don't know how I could ever repay you for all that you've done for me."

"You don't need to do anything."

A jewel of a tear caught in her eyelashes as her emotions began to stir. "How's Stark doing?"

He looked at her, surprised by her question. "He's dong well. Stressed, but well. He's trying to find the rest of our friends in hopes of also freeing them from being outlaws."

Just then, the sound of sliding metal doors opening jerked Wanda from her moment with Vision. Her hopefulness began to fade as she saw two guards walk in, one holding the remote to her electroshock collar. She curled up again, prepared to take another jolting shock. Her breathing became harsh and she fell silent as she waited.

Vision stood up from his place. "I don't believe that will be necessary," he told the guards.

"Sorry, it's ordered by our commander. There's nothing we can do about it," the emotionless guard responded as he prepared his thumb over the switch.

Before Vision could say anything else, the sound of buzzing filled his ears, and he spun around to see Wanda screaming in pain, shaking from the electricity. He stood there, appalled and disheartened from the sight of his lover in pain he could not fix. He knew if he tried to stop this, it would only end in worse suffering for her.

He desired to hold her as she experienced this torture. He wanted to kiss her and whisper his devotion and reassurance that everything will be okay. His heart was crushed from the feeling of powerlessness from not being able to help her.

When the multiple, long-lasting shocks were over. Wanda was left gasping for air and coughing roughly, and the guards left the sector.

"Wanda," he quietly soothed as he knelt down in front of the glass. His hands shook with the need to comfort her. "Wanda, look at me," he said and she did with tear-filled eyes. She winced as she swallowed, her throat burning.

"I'll try to free you from this place as fast as possible. I do not like the fact that you are still undergoing electroshock. Please, wait for me. Don't give up just yet. Remember that you will most likely be released in a week or so," he reassured her. "I'll try to visit you every day, seeing as how solitary you are." He gave her a comforting smile, hoping to share joy and happiness with her, and whispered into her mind, "I love you. You are always in my thoughts every moment of the day and of the night. I have never forgotten you, Wanda. Please, hold on for me, my love. I hope that we will be able to be in each other's arms soon, darling. Remember that I am always thinking of you and that you are truly loved."

His mental words brought a small smile to her face and she looked at him with loving and tired eyes. "I love you too. Thank you, Vis. Remember that you always have my heart."

And with that, he stayed with her for a few more minutes until she settled and calmed from the electroshock, and left to the Compound where he hopes that he can bring her to everlasting freedom.