A New Year, a New Life

Author's Note: I'm really excited about the next few chapters. And if you've figured it out already, I've hinted Infinity War. ;)

The Avengers Compound Living Space, December 31st, 2017. 11:17 PM.

"It's so great to see you again," Wanda said through the other loud voices of the room as she tightly hugged her dear father-figure, Clint.

Tony made arrangements for Clint, who was on house arrest, to be at the Avengers Compound for the new year. It took some work and a bit of bribing (which Vision was thoroughly against), but it was successful.

"It's good to see you too baby girl," he said in return. "The family misses you a lot."

She brightly smiled. "I hope I get to see them soon! I miss Nate so much."

They pulled apart from their hug when Natasha walked up to both of them. She and Clint hugged before they started a conversation about all that they've missed since he went on house arrest.

Wanda parted from the small circle to find Vision. She winced when she felt a sting on her left heel. She tried to pull her leg up to rub her heel, but her dress clung to her body tightly so it was almost impossible.

She cursed herself for not wearing something a little more comfortable. She decided on a knee-length, dark green dress that was tight around her body. It was shoulderless so her collarbones were revealed, but still had connecting sleeves which reached to her elbows. She wore champagne drop earrings and a necklace with a pearl center which was gifted to her by Vision on Christmas morning. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun and a few strands framed her face. Her black heels, five-inches tall, rubbed against the back of her heel.

She placed her foot back onto the floor and looked around for a place to sit until she noticed that Vision was approaching her. "Oh, hi," she breathlessly said.

He smiled at her and held out his hand. "Let me help you, dear."

She nodded, took his hand, and followed him to one of the couches in front of the television which was playing a live performance of various singers on a stage which was surrounded by hundreds of people. On the bottom right corner, there was a timer for the countdown which had about forty minutes left.

She was surprised when he grabbed both of her legs and pulled them over his lap, letting her back relax on the pillow that was set against the armrest. She watched as he carefully removed her heels and set them on the floor. He took one foot into his hand and began to rub the sore, aching heel. She sighed with contentment, "That feels so good, Vis."

"I'm glad," he said while rubbing strong circles into the bottom of her heel. He leaned over to kiss her cheek softly and quickly. He didn't want to draw too much attention to themselves, but it did catch the eye of a watchful Clint Barton.

"Hey, hey, hey," he started while pointing a finger at the couple while holding a beer. "No one touches my daughter." Vision quickly turned his head around with an eyebrow raised.

Wanda partially covered her mouth as she laughed. "But dad!" She rolled her eyes sarcastically as she reached for her phone which was sitting on the side table behind her.

"I'm just joking around," he sighed. "You two enjoy yourselves." Vision softened and returned to the task at hand.

She turned her phone on and saw a few notifications from her news app, so she tapped it. Her happy expression quickly faded and she was left with worrying eyes and a furrowed brow.

She scrolled through numerous articles of her and Vision's romantic relationship. Apparently, word had gotten out even though they've tried to maintain a discreet relationship. She knew it would happen someday, but she didn't want to think of what people would assume of their relationship. She read from headline to headline. One of them said, "The Scarlet Witch and The Vision in a Forbidden Love," a title she wasn't shaken up from, but it did slightly bother her. She knew that she was known as now a redeemed fugitive, and that Vision had secretly visited her, but she would've assumed that their relationship wouldn't be considered forbidden any longer.