Expansion

Into her 14th week, the second trimester of her pregnancy, Wanda began to feel thankful for the morning sickness starting to fade. Her fatigue had also begun to subside, so Vision was starting to plan a daily walk for light to moderate exercise because her doctor recommended it. He was also keeping track of her appetite as that had started to heavily increase as she entered her fourth month. Her bump was obviously visible now. Although she can easily cover it up with an oversized, thick hoodie or sweatshirt, she never did.

Hours ago, Wanda decided to take a quick nap after planning for her wedding with Natasha. She and her fiancé decided it would be best after the babies were born, so they chose mid-January of 2019. Vision thought it was best to wait until they were settled with the babies and the holidays had passed until the wedding ceremony. All of the planning, color arrangements, guest list, and cake designs tired Wanda. So now, she was on the couch, half-asleep.

Vision hadn't realized that she had taken a nap, so when he walked into the living space, he paused at her peaceful, sleeping form. He softened and silently crept over to her, kneeling down, and placing a hand over the bump. He kissed her elevated belly and whispered to his children. He started that daily tradition a few weeks ago, although the babies won't be able to hear the outside world for a few more weeks. He found comfort from doing this. It was odd, but he felt fatherly, loved. He felt a certain family belonging that he had never felt before. The media drama, others despising their relationship, and some believing that her conception was from another. It all discouraged him. But doing this, being close to his developing children, it soothed him. He believed that some might even see that their relationship and life wasn't all that bad, and they'll eventually approve of it.

As he whispered to the babies, Wanda opened her tired eyes, shifted and looked down at the sweet scene. She gently placed her hand on his scalp and rubbed it, causing him to stop and gaze up at her, smiling. "I love you," he whispered as he leaned against her side.

She scrunched her nose, "I love you too, babe. And I'm hungry again." She gave him a sly smile. "Be a dear and give your girlfriend who is pregnant and tired some food...um, please?"

He raised a brow and gave her a curious, suspicious look.

"Please?" she repeated, trying to imitate puppy eyes and pouting. After no response, she scrunched her nose, "Ugh, Vis."

He chuckled and leaned up to give her a kiss. "Of course. What do you want, darling?"

She smiled, knowing exactly what he knew what she wanted.

He took a breath and let his mouth open for a second or two before speaking, "Wanda, not again."

"Oh, come on! Please? You're gonna deny your pregnant girlfriend her cravings?" She crossed her arms.

He sighed, leaning his head on top of her bump, closing his eyes for a moment. "Fine," he spoke. "Then we are going to start a healthy diet again, alright?"

She nodded and imitated a child's voice, "Th'wank you," and wiggled her feet.

Wanda had been craving paprikash ever since Vision made it for her the previous week. She had it every night since then. He told her that he had been practicing the recipe whenever he could so he could cook it to perfection whenever she desired it. Sam and Natasha were his taste testers. And of course, he made sure that he used paprika every time he cooked it.

She slowly and carefully sat up from her sleeping position and patted her hair down before walking over to where Vision was preparing the recipe. She leaned against the counter and watched impatiently as Vision added spices together in the pot. He was so specific with measurements.

She cleared her throat, "So Stark is setting up a meeting with um...what's his name...Stephen Strange?"

Vision paused, "Dr. Stephen Strange? I believe Mr. Stark said that he left before we could meet him when they arrived at the compound after the battle."

Wanda nodded.

He continued, "And you're apart of this meeting?"

"Yeah. He thinks that Strange can help me further expand my abilities, possibly use actual magic instead of just telekinesis and mental manipulation," she spoke, dazed from the smell of the still-cooking chicken paprikash.

"Do...do you suppose that in doing that you could accidentally hurt the babies?" Vision asked gently.

She looked up at him, confused and then understanding his concern. "I don't think so. I haven't had any issues even with using my abilities. I'm sure they'll be fine, but I won't push myself to my limits until they're born." Still seeing the nervous look on his face, she softened. "Hey, they'll be okay, Vis. Who knows, maybe they'll have powers of their own someday, or even now. I can...feel it. A connection. It's weak, but it grows every so often."

Vision stopped and let the food simmer. "What do you feel?"

"I don't exactly know, but I think I just feel...life," she answered. "But I also feel an aura. Similar to mine or yours."

He smiled, the feeling of security overcame him as she mentioned that she felt something similar to his aura in them. It always gave him reassurance that he was truly their father and not just someone who's looking after her children.

"Well, I suppose if you want to keep those feelings, you'll need to keep up your strength," he said as he carefully set the chicken paprikash on a plate and set it in front of her on the bar.

"Thanks. Love you," she reached over to kiss the tip of his nose. "They love you too," she added softly as she leaned down to kiss his warm lips and he sighed against her.

The feeling of belonging and family was more evident in Vision than ever.