14

The pirate lords lines up their ships, side by side in the middle of the foggy mist.

Silence was among them all as each pirate faced forward, watching and waiting.

Evelyn stood on the Black Pearl along side Leo and James. She glanced up at James to see him swallow as his face harden. Looking back forward, she saw a shadow of ship appear within the fog.

"The enemy is here! Let's take them!" Marty shouted from the ropes. Cheers erupted from the pirates in agreement with him.

Looking around at the pirates waving their weapons and shouting, Evelyn didn't quite feel that is was going to be that easy. She looked at Leo, an uneasy feeling settling in his eyes. She knew what he was thinking because she was thinking the same thing. Moving her gaze back to James, she met his eyes. He subtly shook his head side to side at her before moving his eyes up a head of them. She too knew what exactly he meant. Just with his actions, Evelyn could tell it wasn't just one ship.

Bracing herself, she looked back out a head and noticed dark, shadows began to appear beside the ship within the fog. One by one, more ships began to appear, raising the numbers of enemy ships. As the numbers grew, the pirates began to slowly began to quiet down, lowering their weapons as well as their jaws. Evelyn too dropped her jaw at the amount of ships that faced their small fleet. She knew more rested behind the shadowy silhouettes of the ships before them.

Flapping of wings blew right past Evelyn's ears causing her head to turn. She watched Mr. Cotton's parrot began squawking as it flew away while saying, "abandon ship. Abandon ship." If it were another time, she would have found it hilarious but at the moment, she partially wished she could do the same. But she knew better. It was time to pull out every measure of courage and bravery she had in her body and use it to face her enemies. She may die on this day but she was fighting for what she believed in, for what is right. Stories will be told from this day and Evelyn wanted those stories to be told of their victory, not their defeat. She knew some men will flight from the danger of this fight out of pure cowardice but not her. She swore to herself as she stared at those ships, that if she lives through this, she will be ready to face those dangers and never again back down from a fight ever.

Pulling herself from her thoughts, she straightened her shoulders and looked to where Barbossa stood in front of his crew. She watched as he turned his head to meet her eyes. He motioned his head to the side for her to follow him as he began to walk towards the back of the ship.

Hesitating, Evelyn looked up at Leo taking in a deep breath. His eyes moved down towards hers to get her a small, calming smile while he nodded his head. Returning a nod back, she pushed herself into a walk after Barbossa walking besides Jack.

~

Jack, Evelyn, and Barbossa walked side by side down the long sand bar that rested in the middle of the ocean. Down towards the end stood Will, Lord Beckett, and Davy Jones, who was standing in a bucket full of water.

Evelyn narrowed her eyes due to the brightness of the sun but kept her poker face on. She almost tripped at the sight of Will. His stance was full of swagger; he leaned on one leg while holding on to his belt with his opposite side hand. The sight of him in the way he stood made him even more attractive to Evelyn. She cursed herself for allowing just the sight of him cause her cheeks to heat up. But she kept her guard up, not allowing any ounce of weak emotion to show through her as Will's dark eyes remained solely on her.

She moved her gaze to Lord Beckett, noticing that he too was staring at her in a way a predator stares at its prey, hungry and longing just for a taste of it. It gave her chills down her back but she didn't show it. The chills were uncomfortable and disgusted by the mere expression of him.