37

Evelyn had been the most social she's ever been in her entire life. She flew from one guest to the other, sharing her thanks and blessings for their comings. It swelled her heart how much warmth and joy spread throughout her backyard. Friends and family mingled as if they'd known each other their entire lives. Smiles were adorn on faces and sparkles filled every pair of eyes.

Her eyes ranked over the guest as she finally stood alone, taking in the feeling of the active scene.

She looked at Jack, Mr. Gibbs, and Leo talking among themselves. It looked as if Jack and Mr. Gibbs were sharing stories about their adventures out at sea. Leo had been eating it up, the intrigued look in his eyes as he laughed, listening close to every word. It still surprised Evelyn that those two men were present at her wedding. Part of her wondered if Jack had traveled to Port Royal on purpose or if he and Mr. Gibbs washed up on accident.

Her gaze moved to her parents, laughing with her grandparents. Relief filled her stomach as she watched Nana Katherine hold Amelia's hands, laughing at something. When Amelia and her father had first gotten together, it worried Evelyn if her grandparents would approve or even like Amelia. Now she knew for certain they did. Her grandfather wrapped an arm around his sound, lifting a hand to wave a finger at Amelia. He chuckled at something she had said, commenting to Charles that Amelia was a good pick. Evelyn's eyes shifted to her father, smiling and laughing his reply while he kept his eyes on Amelia, love and happiness filled in them.

It swelled her heart to see her father hold such love for Amelia. She often wondered if her father had fancied Amelia for a lot longer than she thought.

"Evelyn?"

Turning around, she faced James and Elizabeth, standing before her with smiles. "Oh hello." Both Evelyn and Elizabeth took a step forward to embrace one another. Evelyn was careful of Elizabeth's growing baby bump. The two women pulled back, looking to James. Evelyn chuckled as she and James embraced each other next. "Thank you so much for coming." She breathed out, sharing smiles to the both of them.

"Thank you for having us and congratulations." Elizabeth motioned towards Evelyn.

"Yes, Will is a lucky man." James locked his arm with Elizabeth's arm.

Before Evelyn could reply, Will's laugh rang in her ear causing her to turn her head. A smile washed up on her face as she watched her husband throw his head back, laughing carelessly while he spoke with the librarian, Mr. Bennett. All she ever wanted for Will was to spend his days just like this: smiling and laughing.

"Yes, yes he is." She turned to look back at them. "And so am I." Moving her hands in front of her, she laced her fingers together.

"You look so beautiful." Elizabeth said kindly, motioning Evelyn with a nod.

Looking down at her dress, Evelyn blushed. "Thank you so much. As do you." Evelyn motioned to her. "You always do. How are you doing?" She nodded down to the bump.

"Oh!" Elizabeth lifted a hand to place on top of it. "Just fine. Eager to meet the babe." She looked up to James. "We both are." The couple tilted their heads and snuggled. "We think it'll be a boy but we aren't sure. We hope to have at least one of each." She hesitated the next thing she spoke. "Are you and Will expecting yet?"

Evelyn's cheeks blushed pink. "Oh um no, not quite yet. We want to but we haven't..." The awkward and embarrassment came rushing to her head instantly. Mentally she cursed herself, knowing that she didn't need to say anything else but no.

James and Elizabeth chuckled. "Don't be embarrassed. We didn't until after we were married." James reassured Evelyn. Their smiles faltered. "By the way, apologies for no invitation to the wedding. It wasn't much of a wedding, we wanted to be married as soon as possible before the whole pirate war with Beckett had happened."