Epilogue

Ten years later...

Tiny human fingers gripped on to Evelyn's hand and dress skirt. It was common thing in her life now: tiny human fingers and pure clinginess. Such small things like this made her heart swell and giggles arise from her. Even more so today, a day the whole Turner family had waited for. Today was the day Will's father was making his first visit in ten years. Things for Will and Evelyn had changed tremendously within those ten years since Will had last seen his father.

"Come along, darling." Evelyn softly spoke to her youngest son, Charlie, as he gripped the cream color skirt of her dress. Her words caused his foot steps to increased, causing his dark curls to bounce around.

"Mama, are you sure he's going to come?" Henry, the eldest, questioned, his chocolate eyes glancing upward to his mother's face. Her oldest son looked very much like his father, all except for his light brown hair.

Evelyn looked down at Henry, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. "Of course he is, my oldest love. Your Grandfather Bill can't wait to come see us." Without replying, Henry held his little pout and laid his temple against Evelyn's arm.

"Do you think he'll like us, mama?" A partial worried sounding question coming from Charlie at her right.

Softening at her children, Evelyn glanced over her daughter resting on her hip. "He will love you, my middle love. I promise you. You will love him and he will love you." She offered Charlie a comforting smile, earning a sweet, bashful smile in return from him.

"I already like him." Evelyn and Will's youngest child, their daughter Amelia, spoke nonchalantly. The little girl with bright and bouncing strawberry blonde curls looked at her identical mother.

"And why is that, my little love?" Evelyn grinned at her daughter.

"Because if he's like papa, then I already love him." Her daughter replied cheekily, smiling just like Evelyn. This caused Evelyn to giggle, leaning in to wiggle her nose against Amelia's little nose.

"Is that so?" Will's teasing voice came in from behind Evelyn. She didn't even need to turn around to know that he was behind her shoulder. At her hip, Amelia gave a little squeal and a fit full of giggles when she saw her father. It was a sound Evelyn and Will adored to hear.

"Do you want me to take her, love? You've got your hands quite full." He offered sweetly, motioning to all their children holding on to her. Without stopping, Evelyn turned her shoulders and carefully handed Will their little girl. "Come to papa." Will beamed at Amelia, taking her from Evelyn and holding her at his hip. She giggled and wrapped her little arms around his neck, starring at him with so much love. He pressed a few playful kisses on cheeks, earning a few more little giggles.

This is what their lives had come too: laughter, kisses, and family. It was a beautiful thing. All one could ever hope for. Even now as they traveled to a more private area of Port Royal, things were just that. The walking, however, seemed to be dragging on. Will had insisted on going to a section of the shoreline where not many people went. This was to keep their interaction private and keep wandering eyes away.

As they reached the beach, Evelyn was surprised at how well her kids managed the boring walk. Part of her wondered if the nerves had gotten to the boys, making them be quieter and clingier than normal. They were never quite fond of meeting people, even if it was family. Their sister was complete opposite. The little Amelia was the social butterfly of the three Turner children, she was the one who was most like Evelyn, looks and personality wise. She babbled at how excited she was to finally meet her other grandfather.

Evelyn and Will stopped just before the sand, looking out at the mid-morning lit beach. Not a soul was in sight, no animals either. Sharing a look, they gave a firm nod, agreeing it was a perfect location. "Let's set a blanket down and take out shoes off to go feel the ocean. How does that sound?" Evelyn looked in between both of her sons, caressing Charlie's curly hair.