23

Gentle ocean waves lightly splashed against the side of the Black Pearl, the greatest ship to ever sail in the ocean. It was a windy, ocean breath that twirled throughout the air. It channeled the salty aroma to anyone who was willing to let it dance in their nostrils. To pirates and sailors the smell of sea salt water was the smell of home. The kind of smell you let soaked in your pores and fill you up with its nostalgic element. The smell traveled as the wind carried it, brushing it against the sails, people's hair and clothes. Mostly the wind was playing a roll in the overcast, cloudy day that approached the crew. It held no threat but great comfort and soft feelings. It was symbolic the way the weather played part in the scene that was about to happen.

Evelyn looked down at her hammock. It's tan features seeming so warm, almost making her want to dive into the grey, bunched and messy blanket in it's center. Biting down on her lip, she fought herself to turn her gaze away from it. It killed her by how much the little things would be some of the hardest things to say goodbye too. She felt pathetic already getting the lump in her throat due to a hammock.

Turning her gaze finally, she looked down to her little bag slouched over on the barrel. She pulled open the top, examining the treasures that rest inside: her star painted scarf she brought from home, her pistol given to her by Mr. Gibbs, the necklace Sao Feng gave her before he died, and one of Jack's empty rum bottles. Memories that rest inside her little sack, her treasures. Evelyn shook her head, closing up the bag and gripping it in a tight fist. She walked past the barrels, around the scattered abandoned hammocks to the stairs that led up deck. Her footsteps being the loudest sound below decks. Before she walked around the back of the staircase she looked back over her shoulder, pausing in her steps. Her emerald eyes scattered over the room. It was messy and looked like a stampede had taken place but for some reason it was something she was going to miss. Evelyn barely spent time below decks, a part of her regretted it. Taking in a breath, Evelyn turned back, moving around the stairs from the shadows into the light shining from outside. Staring out the opening, Evelyn hesitated. She let out the breath she had been holding and began to climb out of the dark and into the bright daylight. Her feet were quiet as the went up, the world around her growing brighter and brighter each step.

On the deck was where everybody stood. The crew was quiet, talking at a low volume that concerned Evelyn. She stood in place, watching everyone talk among each other. It was strange to her that they could talk at such a low volume. It made her smile, her lips curling into a happy and amused smile. Her bright eyes, scanned the crowd until she had her eyes land right on the town on land, Port Royal. The melancholy feeling swirling in gut caused her smile fade off her face. The adventure had come to an end and now it was time to go home.

An arm curled around her waist, slowly drawing her attention to the side of her. Her head turned to look at Will standing beside her. Slowly, she flicked her eyes up to look at his soft, brown eyes. His body warm made her lean into his side more, wanting to be shielded from the chilly wind. "Are you alright?" Will's quiet question came out in a deeper sound. Normally Evelyn would react down inside but not today. She glanced at his lips then back up to his eyes, giving a fake smile as she nodded her reply. Will hesitated, looking at her. He knew better and she knew too. He knew she wasn't. "Are you ready?" He asked, giving her waist a comforting squeeze.

Evelyn's eyes dropped for a second. Glancing up, she looked right to his lips. Placing a hand on his chest, she stood on her toes and pressed a soft kiss against his lips. She pulled back, looking back up at him and giving a few nods. They pulled away from each other as Leo and James walked up to them. Leo saw the look on Evelyn's face. Frowning, he reached out and gave her a gentle rub on her back. It made her give a little smile and motivated her to walk up towards the crew. They lined themselves up from where the small group stood to the side of the ship where the dingy was being lowered. She walked up to Captain Barbossa, staring up to his face and the monkey on his shoulder. "Captain." She gave a firm nod, a hint of a smile.