Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Emma's POV

Holy crap. My head feels like it's been stomped on by an Elephant, run over by a Semi-truck and then slammed into a concrete wall. I really need to stop drinking so much, ugh.

Who am I kidding? I've never even tasted alcohol!

Well, there was that one time... But that doesn't count, it was in food.

"I think she's starting to wake up."

Holy fudge cakes, who is that? That's not my dad's voice. Uh, where is my dad? Why isn't my body in pain? Why don't I smell smoke? My stomach doesn't hurt...

I peeked one eye open, only to let the other flutter open gracefully. I let out a yawn and stretched my arms.

"Morning." I said, adjusting myself so I could sit up.

"It's actually three pm, but..." Harry trailed off.

I nodded, my brow furrowed "Why am I here?" I asked, motioning to the ugly white walls. This place was seriously depressing. If they would let me, I would paint all these walls for free. I'm thinking dinosaurs and flowers, maybe even some fairies...

"You passed out." Niall said simply.

"Okay..." I trailed off. "Why are you lot here?"

They each shared a smile before Louis cleared his throat "Well, Emma, uh, you are, uh-"Harry cut him off.

"Your parents got arrested for illegal drug and alcohol use and child abuse, so you got put into the system, so then Louis got mad and demanded that he adopt you and the chick was like 'Not happening' And Louis was like 'I'm Louis Tomlinson and what I say goes' And so now you're ours!" He said, his voice changing from really high to really low.

I nodded again, my eyebrow quirked.

"Okay, I don't know that I want to go with you..." I trialed off. They all looked sad, and disappointed at my words. "I mean, you lot could take turns killing me and stuff." I said, a smile tugging on my lips. They all smiled and each took turns giving me a hug.

"Oh, love, this is yours." Niall smiled, handing me my phone.

"Ah, thanks, I would've died without it!" I said, holding it to my chest.

"So." I inquired. "Who is legally my guardian?" I asked

"Me." Louis said shyly, as if I would bite his head off for adopting me.

"So, that makes me Emma Grace Tomlinson?" I asked, my smile growing wider.

He nodded and I let out a scream.

"I'm officially the coolest person in the world!"

This earned laughs from each of the lads.

"So, the doctor says you're free to leave, if you are feeling up to it then we will run to the store and buy you some stuff, we can't go home right now." Liam said.

"Why can't we go home?" I asked

"It's a surprise." Louis replied, pulling me from the bed. He handed me a duffle bag and ushered me to the bathroom. He shut the door and left me alone to change. I slid into my black skinny jeans and white sweater and wrapped my cranberry infinity scarf around my neck before sliding my feet into my black combat boots. I remember buying this outfit with some money I had earned from mowing yards a few months ago. The rest of the money my mom took. I don't know what she did with it, but I never saw it again.