Grown

About time that I let you know
My ride and I assume control
You blew it, baby, years ago
Can't get with me now I'm grown

The Perspective of Jade Thirlwall

I had been hoping to walk to next period with Leigh-Anne in order to get to know her more. The most I knew about her is that she smelled so good, her lips looked very soft, and- Stop Jade, god damnit. Snap the hell out of it. I was walking behind the girl to try to catch up with her before I lost her in the sea of people, drowning my self between to tall boys. It wasn't purposeful but I gave up on the struggle of finding my way out of there. I rushed over to the nearest empty space which was surprisingly by the door outside. I leaned against the door, my chest heaving as I attempted to catch particles of air and swallow them. That's how breathing worked right? Maybe I'm thinking about that far too deeply. When my air was stable and steady enough for me to feel my throat relax a bit, I decided it would be nice to get some fresh air outside. When I opened the door I turned my face to see Leigh-Anne sitting beside a curvy girl with light copper gold hair. I could admit that the girl was beautiful, most definitely more gorgeous than I was. It took me a second but I finally realized what they were doing. The stranger's lips were pressed against Leigh-Anne's and the most I could do was sigh. I rushed back into the building and my breath was unsteady and heavy all over again. I couldn't be angry, could I? Even if I were angry, who would I be angry at? Leigh-Anne? It was most definitely not her fault that I was in no way good enough for her. Plus, I had only just met her today.

Suddenly my thoughts wandered to what I had whispered in her ear before. Was that a dominant move? Yes. Why had I done it? Absolutely no idea. Something, some sort of rise came out of me and I didn't mind it at all. My back was leaned up against the lockers as I found an intense struggle to catch my breath. My throat tightened even more and that made it feel like my throat was begging for air. Then I had a sudden thought that I should drink some water. Then for a second I couldn't move. My knees locked in place and the most I could do was stare at what was in front of me. Then I realized who it was. It was Leigh-Anne Pinnock. "What do you want?" I finally managed to ask her. I was looking up to her as she was wearing heels which made her seem taller than I was. I'd seen her on other days without heels which lead me to assume we were around the same height. She sighed and looked into my eyes, I looked back into hers. "I saw you run off. That was Jesy Nelson." She said softly and chewed on her lower lip. I raised an eyebrow, not really amused by her confusing behavior. "And..?" I said, bringing out the sassy side of myself that only my family, and Perrie, had seen. "And I uh..." she started. I was getting rather impatient at this point and I really didn't want to hear it. "She kissed me..." she finished her sentences and I rolled my eyes. Deep down I felt a bit bad for being sassy towards the girl but I didn't show it. "And you kissed her back. Okay, cool." I said trying to not let the burning jealousy in my throat come up and out as poisonous words. I wasn't going to hurt someone I had just met them day. Why was I jealous, anyway? I barely knew the girl and it's not like we had anything going on. The most we had was me being seductive in her ear and that wasn't much. I felt her push a piece of hair behind my ear and that sent chills up my spine. I wanted to tell her not to touch me but then again I kind of.. like it..? "I didn't kiss her back, I saw you and... I pushed her off of me. Uh... I wanted to ask you to uh.. not to tell anyone about what you saw. Me and uh.. Jesy dated secretly a few years ago.. and.. yeah uh... she tried to get back with me but.. yeah.." she finally ended her broken sentences and I sighed.

I shook my head as a rise in me suddenly came out, "Is that all you want Leigh-Anne? You didn't even want to come here, check if I was okay? Well I'm just fine, Leigh-Anne! I'm absolutely amazing! Piss off!" I shouted at her and walked off to the rest room. I opened the door and slammed it behind myself before locking myself in a stall. I sat down on the tank of the toilet. Thank god I was so short so that no one would see me. I heard a clicking noise find it's way through the bathroom and to my ears. I rolled my eyes as my mind suddenly knew who it was. "Jade!" I heard Leigh-Anne call. "Listen I just was hoping you would help me.. I really would love to be friends with you, you seem really sweet. I'm not just using you in a sense, okay? I'm sorry, can we be okay?" She said and I heard a shaking at my stall door. I soon realized that it was her leaning against the stall and I sighed as I walked over and leaned against the stall as well, just from the inside. Then suddenly there were tears, as if a flood was meant to happen soon, streaming from my eyes. "I'm sorry.." I started as my voice cracked on the word 'sorry'. "Nobody has ever actually.. wanted to befriend me.. except Pez..." I smiled when my best friend's name slipped off my tongue. Me and Leigh-Anne shared her as a friend but we never actually talked to each other or gotten to know each other. It was extremely weird but we didn't think much of it. She was the only person outside my family who actually cared for me. "I do." The girl on the other side said sweetly. I knew that as she said that she looked as beautiful as ever, even if I couldn't see the beauty that was her face and body. "Jesy.. she can't get with me now..." she said softly and that caused me to bite my lip. I opened the stall door slowly and she wrapped me in a warm hug. "Don't let go." I whispered, and she didn't.