Lightning

That zig-zag shooting through my heart
That zig-zag hit me like a dart
Electricity, electricity
Oh, this love's tearing me apart
I've been running like the light from the dark
Electricity, keeps on hitting me

Oh, lightning, strikes twice, and it burns like ice
I wish I didn't love you again
Lightning, strikes twice, and it burns so nice
I wish I didn't love you
But I do

The Perspective of Leigh-Anne Pinnock

I stood at my door as I watched Jade waltz her way home in the burning rain. Or at least it felt like waltzing. I hadn't closed the door behind her, the light seeping out of the small opening between the door and the house, just enough to fit me and a bit of air. I watched as Jade walked home, tears falling. I didn't want her to go, not any part of me would, but I knew she had to, and I hated it. She had to because it was better for her, for the both of us. The brunette hadn't gotten far from my house when I saw a figure appear behind her. My breaths became unsteady and shaky, as I was nervous. By instinct I rushed out of my house and towards Jade. The only thing that I saw before Jade was swooped up beyond my eyes, was a figure in black clothing, wearing a black mask, black boots, and black gloves. The mask was put on them like it was rushed, the zipper of their pants clearly not pulled up. That was the last thing I saw before the figure grabbed the Geordie by her bottom and lifted her off of the ground, rushing away. Just like that, there went Jade. "COME BACK HERE!" I shouted, my voice still trembling more than my hands and body. All I heard was a snicker before the figure was out of sight, despite the fact that I chased after them until my legs gave up. I let out wails of pain, not in my feet but in my heart. I couldn't process what happened but all I knew was that a strange person had taken Jade away. That was it.

Why did I love her as much as I did? If I didn't, then we wouldn't have gotten into this mess in the first place. I fell to the ground and my tears mixed with the rainwater, sliding down my cheeks and all over my body. "Damnit!" I screamed at myself in anger and frustration. I stayed on that ground for what felt too long, before I stood up and dragged myself back to my house. I was in a state of panic still, a state of panic and shame, it was all over my body. I was still trembling and shaking, my hands and breath unsteady. I opened the door to my house and slammed it behind myself. That was the moment when I realized; she'd been kidnapped. My Jade Thirlwall had been taken away by some random man, I assumed at least, and it was because of me. It was because of our love that she was in danger now. The tears pumped out faster and harder as the realizations came to me. I walked up the stairs and to my bedroom, only wanting the comfort of my bed to surround myself. I knew that I wanted the warmth of the brunette to soothe me but there was nothing I could do. So all I did was close my eyes and beg myself to sleep. Soon enough I drifted into my dream.

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep. I slammed my alarm clock as it made a rattling sound, sighing to myself. "Please be here today, Jade." I chanted under my breath as I got ready for school. I rushed downstairs and grabbed an apple off of the counter, knowing I wasn't going to eat it but just wanting to satisfy my parents. "Bye mum! Bye dad!" I shouted, my voice unstable for some odd reason. I drove myself to school, pacing myself to arrive just before the bell rung. I walked inside the school and was immediately bombarded by the Charmers. Alright, maybe I do call them that. "Hey." I said in a slightly seductive voice and they all smirked, apart from Chris. He just gave that same smile and I smiled back. He really wasn't the horny type, I liked that about him. "Walk you to class Leigh-Anne?" He suggested and I complied. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad, having him walk me to class everyday. I heard groans escape the other boys' lips as he took my hand and escorted me to my classroom. The bell rang as soon as we arrived and he looked down at me with a smile. "Have a great day, Leigh-Anne." He said, not even asking about the 'date' that I had put off. Interesting. "Thank you, Chris." I said and I kissed his cheek gently, just to make his day. His cheeks burned red and he smiled even harder before making his way down the hallway, walking proudly to his own class. I found my way to my desk and scanned the classroom. Perrie. Jesy. There wasn't the familiar brunette that I loved there. I tried to calm my beating heart but it was no use. My hands began to quiver and my heart pounded harder. Harder and harder. Until my eyes flooded and my chest burnt. I couldn't breathe and it was this contrast in emotions that was killing me. I couldn't breathe. "Ms. Cabello, can I use the restroom?" I called to her. She nodded at me and I stumbled out of the classroom, into the hallways. I tried to stop myself from falling, which was a success. I gasped for air, making my way to the doors at the end of the hallways. My chest tightened and my legs loosened, my heart still pounding. It all felt like I was being stepped on constantly by a heavy weight. I pushed open those doors and inhaled a deep breath, able to breathe again. Why'd I love her so much? So much that I felt a panic rush over me, knowing that she wasn't safe? She wasn't safe. I had to find her.