Nothing Else Matters

Cause nothing else matters like us
And nothing else matters like love
I don't wanna fight, not tonight
'Cause we're having fun now
And nothing else matters like us
And nothing else matters like love
You just gotta believe, if it leaves then it's coming back round

The Perspective of Jade Thirwall

I opened my eyes to a bronze underneath my arms, the warmth of our bodies connecting and comforting one another, I looked down at the girl and rubbed my eyes, smiling at her gently. I didn't want to disturb her peaceful dreams and slumber, so I carefully crawled out of bed and tiptoed to the kitchen. I tried to recall what had happened the night before and then soon remembered that Leigh-Anne fell asleep before I did. Well, more so passed out before I did. Okay, fainted. I stayed up for as long as possible, writing in my notebook about what I would do to make everything up for her. It was hard, because I felt like nothing I thought of doing was good enough for her. Not that her expectations were high, it just didn't seem like enough after what I had done. I prepared breakfast for the dark haired female, mixing the ingredients and adding garnishes to the finished product. I had to make this meal beyond special and when I had finished I had french toast with strawberries, a vanilla frappe, sausage, and bits of chocolate for a garnish. I looked down at the plate with the meal and smiled. "Looks like something Leigh-Anne would eat aye?" I whispered to myself before making my way back to my room with the frappe and plate in each of my hands.

"Leigh-Anne." I called her in a sing-song voice as I entered the room. I approached her and watched her fast asleep, snoring softly. I kissed her cheek gently and her eyes began to open. "Mmm, Jade." She hummed and smiled sleepily towards me. "I made ye breakfast." I replied to her with a proud smile on my face, sitting it down on the nightstand. She sat up slowly and stretched her body before it seemed to register in her mind what I had just said. "Breakfast?" She spoke and I nodded before her eyes darted towards the plate and frappe sat on the nightstand. "Oh my gosh." She whispered. "Do you not like it?" I asked with a bit of worry. I tried to make a breakfast that I thought she would enjoy at least in the slightest. If she didn't like it then well, that wouldn't be the first time I've disappointed Leigh-Anne. "I love it." She said finally before she began to eat the meal. I smiled as I watched her eating the food I spent time on and actually put my heart into. She loved it. I don't know why, but when she said those words I felt lightheaded. Soon she was finished eating, still drinking her frappe. "Thank you so much, Jeed." Leigh said to me and I rolled my eyes as she made fun of my accent. "Of course, babe." I said and she smiled at me, looking into my eyes as I sat on the bed. I wish I knew what went on in her head.

"Get dressed Leighly." I said in order to break the silence. "Wh-" She started and I cut her off, "just do it." She didn't argue anymore and got up before getting up and stretching her body. "I'll go home and find something to wear." She said to me and I nodded, then she was off. I walked over to my closet before shouting at her, "Leave the door opened a bit!" I assumed that she heard me because I didn't hear the door slam closed. I searched through my closet for something fancy smanshy to wear, since I would be taking Leigh somewhere nice. I searched for what felt like hours before walking out of my closet and getting changed into the black dress that I had decided to wear. By the time I was done, I could hear Leigh-Anne walking up the stairs. She arrived in my bedroom and walked straight to my bathroom. I hummed to myself as I waited for her to appear in front of me and as I sunk deeper into my random, my lungs filled with anticipation. Soon enough, or not, the dark skinned girl walked out of my bathroom with her hair straightened with extension in, bangs as well, she was wearing light, but present makeup. Her body was covered, yet very exposed, in an emerald silk gown, wearing black heels. She looked into my eyes with a smile on her lips and I felt lightheaded all over again. She always looked this gorgeous but everything was... exposed. I felt my jaw drop slightly before closing it as quickly as possible. Leigh-Anne giggled sweetly and I bit my lip. "How do I look?" She asked softly before strutting over to me. Wait, that was a catwalk, when did she learn to catwalk? "Stunning." I said clearly before looking at her body. "And your body is banging." I whispered and looked down at the ground. She came closer to me and lifted my chin with her finger, looking into my eyes. "Thank you." She whispered before moving her face closer to mine. At this moment our lips were just centimeters apart, I could feel her cool minty breath against my skin, causing my hairs to jump. My spine shook a bit and she held her lips close to mine. I could feel it, feel her. She smiled softly before closing her eyes and inching her lips closer to mine if that was possible. I moved my lips towards hers and she suddenly pulled her lips back before they could connect. "I said don't kiss me." She whispered with a wink before beginning to walk downstairs. She paused on the second step so that I could still see her. "Looking fine, Thirlwall." She said and winked again. Tease.

I drove as Leigh sat in the passenger side of the car. "I should have drove." She pouted and I rolled my eyes. "You literally have no idea where we're going, how could you have driven." I said and laughed and then she was the one to roll her eyes. "I just wanted to show you me amazing driving skills, Jeed!" She said, making fun of my accent. I rolled my eyes and punched her arm gently. All this eye rolling, my god. "We're here." I said and pulled up to a house that was on a beach. The beach that we would be staying at for three days. "Jade? You've taken me to a beach? Oh my gosh, this is going to be amazing, I can't believe it." She said whilst looking into my eyes. Her eyes got glossy and a tear fell before I wiped it. "I just wanted to make it up to you." I muttered. "It's so funny because there was no chance of us even being here now, if it weren't for my clumsy behavior." I chuckled a bit before feeling myself start to cry myself, but I didn't, I stopped myself. She was so right though, no chance, because Leigh-Anne was never going to approach me. That hit a place in my heart and it wasn't pain or joy it was just.. moving? "Let's get out of here, Pinnock." I said to her with a smile before opening the car door and scooting out. I opened the door for m'lady and she smiled before thanking me.

We soon arrived inside of the beach house. I sat down on the only bed that was in there. "Guess we're going to have to share." I said with a wink and Leigh giggled. "Since we didn't pack anything I suppose we'll go shoppin', aye?" I said to her with a grin and her cute little face lit up. She loved to shop, I knew that, so I decided that I should make it a reason for her to shop. Unless she wanted to wear the same clothes, three days in a row, which I think not. "Yes! But for now, let's maybe just... I don't know.." She muttered and approached me. "Go over to the water?" She whispered and I nodded before letting out the breath in which I didn't know I was holding. "Yay! Let's go!" She cheered innocently and walked out of the beach house. I followed her but then pausing for a moment, watching her walk. "Gorgeous." I whispered and she continued walking. "You too, love." I heard her say from afar, smiling at the fact that she heard me. I walked towards the beach before reaching it. I sat on the shoreline next to her, holding her hand gently. We watched the water and sky, talking to each other until the sky turned reds and purples. The sun soon hid into the shadows for the moon to take her place, hoping for the dim man to be her cover up. Little did she know that the moon saw things she didn't. It was a privilege rather than a disadvantage. You can ask the moon.