Think About Us

When you dancing in the club
And the nights are getting hard
Do you think about us?
When the music gets so loud
And the girls are all around
Do you think about us?

1 Month Later

The Perspective of Jade Thirlwall

It's been too long. The last time I spoke to Leigh-Anne was one week after the beach date. We were stupid, so dumb. Assuming that the threat that had appeared near was just a nightmare, no sense of reality. If only we had known what was subject to happen, then maybe we would have continued to hide. Then maybe there wouldn't be fear running through our veins. It wasn't either of our faults. It was his. Theirs.

One Week After Beach Date

I walked down the hallways, excited to see Leigh-Anne at school again. My mam had already decided that it would be lovely to come up with an excuse as to why I and Leigh weren't at school, just so I could make it up to her. Gotta love her. I took a deep breath as I approached my locker, waiting for the pushing around and kick me signs on my back. Rather cliche, but it was just how highschool was, cliche. Nerd falls in love with popular kid cliche. Except I wasn't even actually a nerd. Yeah, I wore glasses and I was quiet, but I wasn't even actually a nerd. I was just a quiet kid. Whilst I sunk into my thoughts I ran felt a warm structure against mine, seemed to be built strong and broad but that's only what I could feel. "Oh god, I'm sorry." I said under my breath, looking down, my cheeks burning red. He chuckled and punched my shoulder and I had to admit, it hurt a lot. "Listen, just stay out of the way." He said and I looked up at him. He looked... angry? I wasn't sure who he was, I couldn't put a name on him, but he was one of the popular guys in school. "You gonna say something shortie?" He said and chuckled, almost evil sounding. "Knock it off." I heard a familiar voice echo along the lockers and the walls. She strutted over towards I and the boy. "Awww, what's the little princess gonna do?" He said and chuckled again. "She said knock it off." I heard another voice say and a fierce brunette came by Leigh-Anne's side. "Okay, okay, god I'll leave it." The boy said and rolled his eyes before walking off.

"Are you alright?" Leigh-Anne asked me and kissed my cheek, she felt like the tickling of a feather. I giggled softly and nodded. "Mhm." I hummed and she smiled before kissing her lips, she pulled me close as our energy fed each other before we pulled away at the same timing. We looked around and to our surprise no one was looking. "Okay you two love birdies, I'll be off now." Jesy said and rolled her eyes before walking to class. Jesy wasn't one of those bad ex-girlfriends of your current girlfriend. She was fierce, fun, strong, and deep down inside a softie and so sweet. I enjoyed her company and I could tell Leighly did too. I took Leigh-Anne's hand and as if it were natural our fingers intertwined with one another gracefully, so perfectly. We made our way down the hallways, just enjoying the feel of each other's warmth in our hands and in our hearts. I felt a tugging at my arm and thought it was Leigh-Anne. Then I looked at the hand and saw it wasn't her. I was dragged into the men's restroom, I could tell by the urinals, and I looked around to see my precious Leigh in a state of shock and panic. "Please.." She whispered, and at that I could tell she had seen something like this before. The beach.

The figure standing in front of us was similar to as she described after the incident at the beach house. Suddenly everything went blurry. I told myself I couldn't faint, I had to stay strong, stay up for Leigh-Anne. I suddenly felt a sharp edge pressed against my neck, looked to the left of me to see Leigh-Anne with a gun to her head. I took deep and sharp breaths, every one of them unsteady and uneven. Then a third boy came from a corner of the restroom. They were all wearing all black. Black masks, black boots, black gloves. "I told you to stay away from her, Leigh-Anne. You're mine." He muttered as he approached her. "MINE." He screamed and slammed his hand against the wall which made me jump but Leigh didn't flinch. "She's mine, Thirlwall. Stay away." He muttered into my ear and the other two boys nodded. I observed the third boy and it seemed as though his mask hadn't been completely on. Like it was rushed. The button of his pants wasn't buttoned up, in fact, his zipper wasn't zipped. I came back to reality and realized he was whispering words that I couldn't hear into Leigh. "GET AWAY FROM HER!" I screamed and he chuckled. "Shut the fuck up." The boy who still had the knife to my throat said and pressed it closer.

The corner boy pressed his lips against Leigh-Anne's lips, his mask still on his face. I cringed in horror and disgust as Leigh-Anne attempted to push him away. All I could do was stand there and watch, afraid that my true love would have to do something she didn't want to. I wasn't sure what happened to me but I grabbed the knife that the boy was holding and pushed corner boy off of Leigh, threatening him with the knife. "Stay the fuck away." I muttered and I felt bad. I felt disgusting and evil. I didn't know if I loved it or hated it but there was so much I didn't know and didn't need to. "Chill out." The corner boy said and the boy with the gun pointed his weapon at me. He fired the gun at my arm and screams were heard in the hallways as they were alarmed and afraid. I let out a moan in pain, pressing my hand against my injury. "Go Leigh-Anne!" I shouted at the bronze in only panic and love, my adrenaline wild. All I could do is tell her to go. I was trembling and in aching pain, nothing I could do. "Why did you do that!" The boy with the knife, but not anymore, shouted and confusion flooded over me. "Just run!" The corner boy said and at that the three of them moved out. The knife boy looked towards me and let out a sigh. He pulled bandages out of his pocket, then ones that you use at hospitals, and kneeled down next to me, wrapping it around my wound. "It'll be alright." His whispered warmly against my ear and all I could do was nod.

I wasn't sure why he was helping me but I managed to breathe out a 'thank you' before he kissed my cheek. He rushed away to follow the other boys and I sat in the corner of the bathroom, my breathing almost steady but my heart pounding. So many questions rushed through my brain but the most I could do was breathe. Breathe.

Present Day

I walked down the hallways and took deep, heavy breaths. It was my first day back at school ever since the incident. I had been in hospitals, courts, police stations, for weeks until they finally let me back. I took more breaths before I saw her. Her natural afro and bronze-golden skin glowing. Her deep chocolate eyes and smile sparkling, the twinkle in her eye that I missed. She looked like she was enjoying herself, talking to a boy and his friends. I didn't know him but he seemed to be quite a flirt, or at least that's what everyone told me. His name was Anthony or Abeer or Ayden or something, I wasn't sure. He played football for the school and I had heard he was the best but he wasn't significant to me, he just existed. Beside him was Chris or something, I think that's what his name was, he was the most charming boy in school, i heard. Then there was Zayn, a guy with dark hair, seemed to have a thing for like eight girls at that school, Perrie's ex-boyfriend that I hated. Beside him was Jed, he talked to me once at lunch, told me his name and his next period, that was all. He had brown hair, a charmer to say the least. Then there were Jake and Alex who I knew nothing about aside from their names. They called them the Charmers, or something.

My focus at the moment right now was Leigh-Anne. I was determined to approach her and that's what I did. She looked at me and her eyes widened, a small but sad smile appearing on her face. "Hey guys, give us a moment." Leigh-Anne said and the boys scattered. She dragged me toward the bathroom and I didn't resist. When she arrived she looked at me with worry and sighed. "Jade, what are you doing here?" She asked, almost spitted at me. I looked stunned, was she not happy to see me? "Aren't you to be in the hospital? How are you?" She continued to question me and I inhaled. "I'm alright, Leigh-Anne. I'm fine. I missed you." I said and she stared into my eyes for moments before she shook her head. She let out a breathe and bit her lip. I pulled her close and she shook her head again before pressing her forehead against mine. I kissed her gently, our lips moving in sync. "You know we can't do this, Jade." She whispered in between kisses and I moaned softly. "Mm... why..?" I whispered back before she suddenly pulled away. "Because I don't want this to happen again.. I don't want you to.. I don't want you to be hurt again." She said and stared at my arm before shaking her head. "Im sorry." She muttered and I looked away from her. She was right but I didn't want her to be. She kissed my cheek before smiling. "Bye, Jade." She muttered against my ear which sent shivers up my spine. She walked out of the bathroom and I slid my back against the wall, sliding down on the floor. It wasn't either of our faults. It was his. Theirs. The only thing I could ask myself was the one question I've been asking ever since I set foot in the hospital. Does she still think about me the same? Us? Did she even think about us?