Only You

Once upon a time we had it all
Somewhere down the line we went and lost it
One brick at a time we watched it fall
I'm broken here tonight and darling, no one else can fix me
Only you, only you
And no one else can fix me, only you
Only you, only you
And no one else can fix me, only you, oh
Only you

The Perspective of Leigh-Anne Pinnock

It had been just a week after party. Jade had left shortly after we had enjoyed each other's company. I had pleaded for her not to go, but I knew she had to so I let her. Jesy took me home and we enjoyed each other's company. I sat in class a week from the party, my mind on Jade and Jade only. The project was due today and Jade hadn't arrived at school all this week. "Alright, Zayn, Harry, Liam, Niall, and Louis. Come up, show us what you got." Ms. Cabello spoke and the boys rose from their seats as their names were called. Harry cleared his throat and looked around the classroom before his eyes landed on me, as did Zayn's. Zayn licked his lips and smirked before I rolled my eyes a bit. "Hey, we're One Direction." Harry spoke and looked around at the other boys. "We wrote a song called They Don't Know About Us." Zayn continued.

The five boys sang and I could admit, I listened to every word intently. It was a nice song, very nice. The crowd erupted into a roar at the end of the song and Ms. Cabello nodded. "Do we have many singers here?" She asked and hands raised around the room, a lot of them.

"Hey we're The Vamps."

"We're 5 Seconds of Summer!"

"Hi, we're Fifth Harmony."

"Hey, we don't have a name but we took some pictures."

Four groups went up after One Direction and they all did astonishing. "Okay and Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Leig-" The teacher started but was interrupted by a bell ringing over the intercom. "Alright, tomorrow you four will go first. Hopefully Jade is present." She confirmed and nodded. I rushed out of the classroom before Perrie pulled me back. "Hey, I'm worried about Jade. Where is she?" She questioned me and a rush of panic fell over me. Panic that Perrie had feelings for Jade and panic that we would never find Jade. I shook my head before walking away, Perrie took my hand before I could escape and stood in front of me. "Listen, when I kissed Jade, I didn't mean it. I just... I don't know." She said and fiddled with her fingers. I gave a genuine smile and shook my head. "Don't worry, Perrie. I kissed Jesy and it was the same way. It's just one of those in the moment sort of things." I said and kissed her cheek before walking away with a proud smile on my face. Proud because I had been understanding but mostly proud because I didn't strangle her.

Near came the end of the day and I pressed my hands against the doors that led out of the school before I felt a hand on my shoulder. Why is it always when I'm about to leave that I get stopped? "Leigh-Anne! How about you go home with me?" The voice suggested. I turned around to see Zayn and let out a sigh. "Sure!" I said for a change, I had nothing to lose. Well that was nothing with an exception of my sanity. "Great!" He said confidently and I followed him out the doors and to his car. I had to open the door myself. My. Fucking. Self. Some people just have no sense of chivalry. The car drive to his place was quiet, but suddenly as he was driving his hand crept over to my thigh. "Uhm, no." I said to him and pushed his hand off. "Alright, alright." He said, already defensively. When we got back to his place he didn't even hold the door for me. "Dick." I cursed under my breath before walking over to his couch, sitting down.

We sat in silence on his couch as I sunk into the cushions and into my thoughts. "So want to make out?" He asked as he suddenly broke the silence. I pinched the bridge of my nose, clearly annoyed. "I've got to use the restroom, alright?" I assured him that I would be right back as I stood up off of the couch, walking to the restroom. I examined the paintings on his walls, each one abstract and quite disturbing. One was a painting of a stripper, almost stripped completely naked. Another one was of a girl twerking on a boy's crotch. The one closest to the bathroom was of me. There I was, staring back at myself gracefully. "What the hell." I mumbled under my breath as chills went down my spine. My legs slowly placed one foot in front of another as I explored his house which was much different than I last remember it. I nibbled on my lip before I came upon a door that was ajar just a bit. My fingernails trailed along the handle of the door, hesitant to pull the door backwards in order to reveal whatever room was inside. I didn't think it was a horrid idea, I mean I was just searching for the bathroom, even if I already knew where it was. I thought back to my morals and obviously ignored them, pulling back the door and putting one foot in front of the other to walk inside. One foot in front of the other. One foot. Another. The room was dark, pitch black.

My fingers found their way along the wall, searching for a light switch. I found it and flipped it upwards before to my horror, I looked around the room and saw tied up Jade Thirlwall. "Oh my god," She immediately spoke before I broke out into tears and whimpers. I approached Jade, my body still trembling. My fingers traced her body and her scars that ran along said body, scars covering her midriff, arms, and legs. "Leigh-Anne. Go. Home." She said sternly and I could tell she was trying to stay strong. "No." I replied and shook my head. "Please I'm fucking broken, Jade. I'm fucking broken and I fucking need you." I said and cried harder. "No Leigh-Anne! No! I don't even know why the hell you're here! I'm of no use to you and you should know that, god I've only ruined your life for fucks sake. We shouldn't be together, that's a fact. It's worse for the both of us damnit." She replied to me and I pushed a piece of hair behind her ear, needing to touch her more. "You've been kidnapped, Jade. Are you aware of that?" I said to her before finding the knot in the rope, attempting to untie it. "Yes. I've only ruined you, Leigh-Anne. Are you aware of that?" She came back with those words and that's when I realized that she was always right. Except for now.