ONE: Not Your "Average" Girl

EYES ABOVE :

' It is all pointless '

*PAPER RIPPING SOUNDS*

Sonya threw her scribbles for her poetry homework in the trash.

'Why should I even do this?' She muttered to herself. With a sigh, she tossed her Monday homework away and laid on her bed.

It was a casual Friday evening in her place. She was in her bedroom while the rest of her family was watching TV on the big screen. 

Meanwhile, she was curled up on her desk, occasionally massaging her sore shoulders while shaking the last brain cells in her to write anything on the terrifyingly blank paper. This was her normal on a Friday night; Who can blame her though? Her parents have been extra watchful over her studies. It was only natural she found herself having picked up on a habit they have forged since middle school.

Laying on her bed as she was, Sonya boringly picked up her phone and started scrolling down her friends' restless texts to join them to the new club downtown. Until she stumbled on a peculiar one, from her best friend, Delancey. 

'Becky Jones is here. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!'

Seen

***

Becky Jones.

To say she was her ultimate enemy in school would be an understatement. It was ironic; After they had been best friends in middle school, Becky decided she was too cool for Sonya, and Sonya concluded she was too "different" from Becky. As a result, the two became as distant as the sky and Earth. Which one was which? We'd never know.

The reality was, Becky started picking on Sonya.

At first, it was only in the school bus where she teased her about her overprotective parents. Then, it moved to the school hall, where she made her trip for a laugh. Next thing, it was in the cafeteria, where she accidentally poured soda on her newly bought dress, the one her mother got her for the first day of school. After that, there were only other countless times where she mocked her "over"-diligence and "a bit too good" class performance.

Now, it has escalated to where she harassed her in the girl's locker room in PE.

In other words, Sonya has slowly, but surely, become Becky's ultimate target in school.

All these bitter memories made her blood reel, and her hands shake with sharp feelings of injustice, shame, and most of all, of pain. She could get back at her. She would. Yet, she has always been a reasonable person; A lot could go wrong if she, an " ordinary " girl, went against the spoiled teenager, and almighty Becky Jones.

'Allmighty?'.

She brutally pounds on the mattress and jumps out of bed.

- "SHE CAN KISS MY A**!"

She was Sonya Roberts, she was anything but a doormat, a proud "A "student, and a fine rebel.

*typing...* I'm coming.
Read

*typing...* Keep an eye on that wench for me. 
Read

*Delancey typing...*

Yay !!!

Read

Wait- are you gonna RUN AWAY?

Seen

SONYA ROBERTS!

Sent

That is my girl. 

Sent

Should I do one chapter or two chapters update?
Thank you for reading!

***
Start of Re-editing: April 2021