SIX: Relationship Expired

BECKY POV :

Saying goodbye.

Anissa has always been my rock in my toughest times. 

When my dad kicked me out for failing math, barking at me about being a total failure, and how I was acing the way to becoming the biggest burden, and a dark spot of the family, she welcomed me with open arms in her cozy, modest, house. Now, I inhale for the last time the smell of the woods that I loved so much every time I came here. 

"loved"

Yeah, we were in the past tense break-up stage already.

I have always believed that what held people back from being with their significant other were either money issues, a strict religious family background, or cultural factors. I had none of that. My parents own one of the most successful companies in the country. People praise our wealth and our family at least every minute of the day, and I bet that I was the dream girl of many teenagers out there. Our genes were ethereal. We were not religious and we couldn't care less about cultural constraints.

"Yet, your dad is a homophobe", sneered the voice.

Nothing could be perfect. Because Mr. Jones--my dad, has made it his life purpose to manipulate my life, by getting in the way every time I started to develop perfectly human feelings for someone. Being in deep fear that my happiness could be taken away from me at any time, was it how "normal" people also lived their lives? As the head and the patriarch, the great businessman has always considered himself responsible for the well-being and the unity of the family. Part of what he considered so, was to conform to the " traditional " family hierarchy.

My dad was the man who couldn't look for more than 20 seconds at two guys holding hands in a free country, yet for some reason, he never told me why. The only thing he was open about instead was, and I quote "I'd rather be childless than have a " gay child ". My mom, the matriarch, couldn't care less as long as she enjoyed the leisure that comes with his fortune. I loved her, and I knew that she cared about me, but somehow, her evenings at the spa mattered to her a bit more.

We weren't always like this though.

As for me, I knew I was lesbian when I touched myself for the first time to lesbian fanfiction. From that point on, all I could think about was girls, girls, and more girls! That one time I kissed Vanessa, my happily married cousin, on 7 minutes in heaven still tingled at my lips. I didn't have much experience, but she knew where to go and what to do. My fantasies were as simple as holding a girl's hand. Openly. Proclaiming my love confession. Proudly. Proposing to her. Loudly. Maybe she was right. Maybe Anissa was right to leave me; I was nothing but a shadow of a lesbian who had a dream of coming out without causing heartbreaks, and without making sacrifices.

When I was out of the gates, I take a last, contemplative glance at the house. I bid a silent goodbye to my first ex-girlfriend, and I turn my back. Forever.

and forever was a long time....

FUN FACT - or actually not - I was typing this short chapter when this break-up song started playing; "Be Alright" by Dean Lewis🎶. Sometimes the music algorithm is too good. Sorry for the super short chapter! otherwise, it would get too messy. Thank you so much for reading!

Re-Edited: April 2021