Chapter 8

Abby's P.O.V

Beep! Beep!

Ugh... time for a new school.

I got up both excited and nervous. When you go to a new school dont you ever start with the what if's.

What if they dont like you? What if everybody is mean? What if they judge you? I didnt even bother today with the what if's, I just wanted to go so I could change my image. Let's do this.

I set out my clothes the day before. I wore my black and white aztec printed sundress, with a black belt, and sandals. I put my hair in a side fishtail braid, brushed my teeth and was out the door.

My mom took me school to first and she went inside with me. We went to the main office and they gave me my schedule, locker, combination, and where all my classes are.

First hour was Advanced English. The Secretary took me to my first hour and knocked on the door. When she knocked my heart was beating super fast. I couldnt breath. My mom could tell. Was nervous and she rubbed my back and said "You will be just fine. I love you so much! Bye"

"I love you to" I said with a shakey voice, "bye."

When she was leaving the door opened and the Secretary and I stepped inside. Everybody was starring at me except some people in the back. The Secretary introduced me and the teacher told me to sit in the back over by the guy in the plaid shirt. I went to sit down and the guy in the plaid was looking the other way talking to some other people. Him and the other guys were the people who werent paying attention.

"Ok class it is time to work on your group projects since they are due at the end of the month."

Everybody got into there groups except me and one of the guys that was talking to the guy in the plaid shirt. I haven't seen any of there faces.

"Abby, Brent come here."

We both walked over and said that both us didnt have partners so we were working together for the rest of the hour. I knew nothing about this guy and I was paired up with him. We spent have the hour just sitting there doing nothing. The other half we started talking a little.

"Hey, my name's Brent"

"Hi, I'm Abby"

"Hey Abby, I like your dress"

"Thanks. I like your... name" obviously I had no idea how to answer.

"Haha. Thanks. So we should start thinking of ideas for our project. We have to make a play and we can ask people in our class to be in it. But I think we should wait to add people, just untill we finish writing it."

Wow, did not see that one coming.

"Ok. Umm.. I have a question but not about english."

"Ok. What is it?"

"Do you know anybody that could help me find my classes?"

"Yea. Let me see your schedule"

I handed him my schedule and he told me he would show me after class. He introduced me to this girl named Claire. Just by looking at her she seemed really nice and she was really pretty.

"Claire this is Abby. She's new and has the same schedule as you except first hour and last hour."

"Hey Abby. Im Claire nice to meet you."

"Hi Claire. Nice to meet you"

Brent left and went to class. In every class, it was the same. Claire or the teacher introduced me and I sat with Claire. Last hour was completely different. Since Claire didn't have my last hour she showed me where my class was and she left. The teacher introduced me and while she was introducing me I saw the guy in the plaid shirt again. Except this time he was paying attention. I looked at him when he wasn't looking so when he did look I wasn't. I tried not to look at him, so he thought I didnt see him. The teacher assigned me in the back next to a girl named Holly. She was also very nice and very pretty. We were talking a little and she was even more nice then I thought. She was just like Riley. While I was writing in my notebook she passed me a note that said: