Chapter 26

Abby P.O.V.

"Hayes, I do really like you. Ever since I saw you at the airport I liked you. I just don't get why I have to always show you." I told him grabbing my stuff and heading out the door. I was walking home until I heard someone behind me.

"Abby!" I turn around and it was Jake. I quickly wipe my tears and breath in and out slowly.

"Hey Jake" I say to him when he gets closer.

"What's wrong?" He asked me worried.

"Ummm," I said almost starting to cry. He saw and just grabbed me and hugged me. I put my arms around his neck and he put his around me. I tried not to cry into his shirt but a little tears came out.

"Don't cry, tell me everything" he said to me. I looked back at Hayes house and I saw him and the guys at the window looking at us.

"Can we go to the park?" I ask him still looking at them. Eventually Nila showed up in the window and nodded as if she knew what was happening. He looked back and saw what I was looking at.

"Of course" he says. We walk to the park and he puts his arm around my waist. Well, this is awkward. When we finally get to the park we sit on the bench across from each other.

"OK, so now can you tell me?" He asks, eagerly.

"Umm, the guys that were looking at us, well I just got into a fight with one of them and he doesn't get what happened to me at my old school. The day before Christmas we were in my backyard, all of us, and I guess he saw the conversation with us or something," I couldn't go on any more but I had to. I started to tear up and sound like I have been crying for 10 minutes. "He got mad and things were said, I was going to hug him but he pushed my arms away. I.... I tripped over something and fell in a...a mud puddle. He looked at me and walked away, I tried getting up but I fell again and he still didn't look back." At the end of it, I was in tears. I put my head in my hands and sat there crying. I heard him get up and sit next to me. He lifted my head up and wiped the tears away.

"Abby, I can tell you really like him and I know he likes you," he said putting emphasis on the know, "listen Abby, you need to go back to him and tell him how much you really like him" I turned my head away.

"Jake, your a really nice guy and you seem like you would be perfect for any girl. I already told him that, I kissed him and it felt amazing but," I was interrupted by a pair of lips connecting with mine. Jake put his hands on waist and I put my hands on his chest. I backed away and so did he with a sad face.

"I'm sorry Jake but-" I was once again interrupted.

"Abby, you shouldn't be sorry. I'm sorry, you like somebody else and I'm just here trying to comfort you." He says. We get up and walk to the pond behind the park. When we had reached the back of the park it looked beautiful. Like it had when Hayes and I were back here. We sat on the grass and looked up at the clouds. I felt looking at me and I smiled. I sat up and so did he. I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny?" He asks through laughs.

"I remembered when I was here with Hayes and he fell into the water," I said looking at him, "I wonder how you would look when you get pushed into the water?" I said to him. We sat there in silence for alittle and he got up.

"Where are you going?" I ask him. He looks down at me and smiles. He holds out his hands and helps me up. We walk onto the bridge and he sits on the edge.

"What are you doing?" I ask through laughs.

"Push me," I look at him with shock, "come on. You said you wanted to see me pushed in the water. I needed a shower anyway" we both laugh and I am tempted to but scared. I put my hands on his shoulders counting down from five.