| Chapter 06 |

"Bye Romee."

I look at Ricky and thank him for the ride home this morning. I didn't get much sleep last night. My thoughts went rapid the moment I tried closing my eyes. I couldn't remember a single detail about that night but I assume that was for the best.

For some reason it didn't shock me. It was like a part of me knew all along.

"Don't be a stranger." He says with a flirtatious wink.

I walk towards my house and go inside. I find Reece on the couch asleep in the exact same clothes he wore yesterday. His eyes suddenly open and he jumps up from his position.

"You're home." He says. "Are you hurt? Where were you?"

"I'm fine." I simply reply.

"Romee listen I'm really sorry for what happened I wanted to tell you..." he tries to apologize but I don't need an apology from him, it's too late. He follows me upstairs as I try to ignore his voice.

"I have to get ready for school." I call out to him.

Inside my bedroom I carefully rewrap my sprained ankle after getting dressed. I was dreading the thought of going to school but I did it anyway.

I get into Reece's car and he looks at me, worried.

"So are you friends with those people now?" Reece asks me all of a sudden.

"Does it matter?" I scowl.

"Yes it does, those people are dangerous."

I roll my eyes. "Can we get to school I don't feel like talking."

"What does it look like over there?" He probes.

I laugh. "You mean beyond the tracks?"

Reece nods.

"Honestly it's terrifying, there's tumbleweed and abandoned buildings and people with guns." I try to sound shocked.

His eyes narrow. "You're bullshitting."

"You asked for it." I shrug.

"Well either way it's a good thing you never have to talk to those people again." I hear him say.

I bite my lip, thinking Reece was right. "Yesterday Flynn mentioned you owed him money? Why?"

Reece does a double take. "Don't worry about it."

I let out a huff, feeling pretty annoyed with my brother for keeping secrets all the time. I mean what was that yesterday? I suppose I should have asked Flynn.

Reece finally parks his car and the both of us get out. My obnoxious boyfriend Hunter was already on his way over.

"Hey." He gives me a weak smile. "Are you okay?"

"She's fine." Reece answers for me.

Hunter grabs my hand and walks me inside. I hated holding his hand. I felt like his property. He really needed to let everyone know I was with him.

Once we're inside the building the bell goes off. I escape Hunter's grasp, choosing to walk alone today.

At my locker I toss my things inside and as the hallway clears I see Flynn at his locker too. I think about approaching him but as soon as I close my locker to do so Sienna steps in front of me. My eyes continue to stay focused on Flynn as he passes by without any acknowledgment.

Okay, maybe he already forgot I existed?

"Did you hear?" Sienna cautiously looks around.

"What?" We start heading down the corridor to where our class was located.