Chapter 44: Lazarus

The heroes arrive at the ruined place that Ariyae had seen in her dreams.

Owen: "(shocked) What the hell happened here?!"

Rox: "This place looks worse than my shop!"

The look in Ariyae's eyes tells everyone that she has seen this before.

Ariyae: "(horrified) Was Dae trying to warn us?"

Veld: "What warning?!"

Ariyae: "When I was in a coma I-"

???: "More so I was warning you."

Lazarus stands atop the rubble with a white aura, looking down at the heroes as insects.

Lariat: "So you're Lazarus."

Lazarus: "Yes, but I think you'd might know me by another name."

Nyria:"What other name? You're the Harmony representative of the Council and leader of the Second Page."

Makoh: "H-How else can we know you?"

Lazarus begins to chuckle.

Lazarus: "(chuckling) Only Embodiments know how to pry the gates to the Altar open, only the first and second generations, and the only key left was a body only one person could find out about."

He locks gazes with Cale.

Lazarus: "Then there's one of you who had stolen my power for your own, calling yourself my successor."

Xaena: "S-Soalious?!"

Lazarus: "That is correct, I am the reborn Soalious, one who's burning hatred for the Perfect Embodiment and you all had awoken my latent memories in mt soul after 3000 years."

His aura glows bright as white spark of lightning cackle around Ariyae.

Thoris: "So that explains everything."

Cale: "S-So the other first generations were reborn like you?"

Lazarus: "No, I had let their souls become with me. All eight reside within me in this mortal body, with that Dae as an added bonus."

He begins to step down the pile.

Lazarus: "Now let me make my job easier."

The aura surrounds Ariyae, causing her to spazz out.

Ariyae: "(uncontrollably) Wh-What th-the-e h-hell?!

Lazarus: "The girlisn't needed..."

He gets behind her and kicks her all the way to the side, knocking her out as her body calms down.

Veld: "Ariyae!"

Lazarus: "Don't you dare think about the girl. This is between you all and me."

His aura intensifies as Thoris barely misses with his axe.

Thoris: "Then it's no problem at all for us."

The final battle has finally begun...