Chapter 35: Not Quite Yet

The inside of the studio is vast and filled to the brim with props and cameras, leaving the heroes filled with awe.

Makoh: "(in awe) I've been to filming studios before, but nothing like this!"

Owen: "She actually works here?"

Gigas: "Sounds like it's been a while since you last spoke."

Nyria: "What makes you say that?"

Gigas:"She's actually our best director, mixing ideas from ages both past and preset."

Cale: "Wait a second she's-"

The guard knocks on the door to Studio 22.

Gigas: "Golden Standard, yes."

Her jaw drops to the floor.

Lariat: "So why did you let us in?"

Gigas: "She's given special permission to people who know her actual name."

???: "(sighing) Come in."

The Gigas opens the door, revealing a young Demi woman with long, white, braided hair, a black beret on her head, a dark grey blazer, light blue shirt with a film reel pattern, black skirt, brown boots, light blue earrings, blue, rectangular glasses, golden eyes, and a golden chain around her neck being frustrated over some incompetent acting.

Demi: "(sighing) I'm trying to finish my last film, but I'm stuck with an array of the worst actors of my career."

Gigas: "You have visitors who know your name."

Xaena: "Wait wha-"

She falls onto her ass as she looks at everyone who has arrived.

Rox: "Uh... hi?"

Xaena: "(panicking) Wh-What are you guys doing here?!"

The Gigas exits the room.

Makoh: "G-Glad of you to ask."

Rox helps Xaena back to her feet.

Xaena: "(calming down) Okay... okay, just needed a second."

She gathers her composure.

Xaena: "So uh... why are you here? I'm in the middle of wrapping up my last film."

Cale is still in awe that she's friends with a director like Xaena.

Lariat: "Here's the short answer, we're being targeted by an organization called the Second Page that has a drug manufactured by Veld and is willing to kill anyone and anything in the area."

Awkward moment of silence...

Xaena: "(awkwardly) Say what now?"

Cale: "(out of it) Your the target of a criminal organization that wants our power."

Xaena falls backwards like a plank of wood.

Xaena: "(out of it) So this entire city is in danger?"

Rox: "Yep."

Xaena: "(out of it) And that'll make my final film a nightmare to finish?"

Makoh: "Probably."

Xaena: "... Well shit. Now what'll I do?"

Owen: "Do you want me to answer the question?"

Xaena: "(deep breath) At least not much funding has been poured into the project already."

Nyria and Makoh pull her up again.

Nyria: "What does that mean?"

Xaena: "It means that I can try and return the money that wasn't used and pay off what little I did use later."

Makoh: "I-I can pay it off."

Xaena: "Wait, you can pay it off?"

Owen: "He's a billionaire."

Xaena's brain has already fallen about three levels.

Xaena: "Well, I'll have to talk to him tomorrow, but uh... I'll break the news to these abysmal actors I've been forced to put up with."

Lariat: "If you want to talk with everyone involved, Veld and a Harmony named Ariyae will be in the trailer parked out front."

Xaena: "I-I'll take that into consideration."

She hurries off.

Rox: "That... went oddly well."

Owen: "I just hope that we got here before the Second Page got ahold of her information."

Nyria: "Personally, I doubt that."

Cale snaps out of it."

Cale: "But I know Ariyae is going to lose her mind. I just learned that I'm friends with her favorite film director!"

Rox: "Yeah, but she said that this film was going to be her last, I wonder why."

They all decide to head out and give Veld and Ariyae the good news.

However...

A large Demi with almost pitch black skin and the cloak is currently looking at the studio from a nearby rooftop.

Demi: "All the Inner Circle has done is prove that we made poor judgement as to who we let inside."

He looks down at a silver briefcase.

Demi: "There's a reason I'm the 3rd highest ranking in the Second Page, and I intend to prove it."