Chapter 47: A True Successor

Ariyae finds herself standing alone in a pure white void, drained and devoid of emotions.

Ariyae: "(blankly) I... can't do anything. I'm useless, my body is broken, my powers are nothing, and I'm just dead weight. They don't need me to win."

???: "N_ yo_ _are n__ded."

Dae's static like image forms in front of Ariyae.

Ariyae: "(blankly) No I'm not. All I did was delay the fight a few seconds."

Dae: "Stop downplaying yourself!"

His hands phase through her.

Ariyae: "(blankly) Don't try to be an uplifting hero. I got my ass kicked like I was a 3 year-old fighting a 16 year-old."

Dae: "You don't understand! Lazarus got what he wanted!"

Ariyae: "Huh?"

Dae: "Lazarus got all 10 of the Emotions and my soul! I'm only able to talk to you because of the aftermath."

Ariyae: "aftermath?"

Dae: "Lazarus's body couldn't handle it all, so his body split into two and birthed two new Emotions and races that are now stumbling across the world! The others got the power that was siphoned from them, but mine is floating around aimlessly."

Light is returning to her eyes.

Ariyae: "So what does this mean?"

Dae: "If we are to stop Laza and Rus..."

He holds out his hand as his image grows more unstable.

Dae: "... I need you to become my successor, Ariyae. Will you become the new Goddess of Confusion in my stead?"

Ariyae is hesitant for but a fraction of a second before she reaches out.

Ariyae: "I'm the only one left for the job."

The world around her breaks apart as she and Dae break away in it's wake.

Meanwhile...

Rus is using his body like a rubber band to use his opponents attacks against him as Laza uses her scales like ninja stars as they grow back instantly.

Laza: "You can't defeat the unknown."

Everyone can't get past their seemingly perfect synergy.

Thoris: "Can't get through!"

Lariat: "One makes up for the other's weakness and vice versa."

Xaena: "My visions don't help much either."

Rus: "Then give up. You've already lo-"

A white wind begins to blow all around them.

???: "Who said that we've lost?"

The white winds are coming from Ariyae's body as the remaining chunk of Confusion fuses with her body.

Cale: "Ariyae!"

Laza/ Rus: "So the girl is still alive."

Ariyae: "I'm not some girl anymore..."

The winds break away, revealing a new glow in her eyes.

Ariyae: "... I am Ariyae! The successor to Dae as the Goddess of Confusion!"

Her hazy aura glows white.

Nyria: "Did she just-"

Owen: "So Ariyae has paid the ultimate price just to help..."

She looks straight at Laza and Rus.

Ariyae: "Now let's see how you bastards stack up against me!"

The finale has reached it's pinnacle, Ariyae acting as the wild card that will turn this entire fight upside down...