8 The Truth

I do not own Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

Chiriko and I were walking to Jinta's house.

We didn't say a word to eachother. When we arrived Chiriko rang the bell.

I heard footsteps from the inside and Jinta's voice saying "Just, hold on a minute, I'll-" Jinta stopped what he was about to say when he saw us. "Tsuruko! (N/n)! What are you two doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" He asked.

"Our school is preparing for the culture festival, our class decided on Acapella Karaoke, quite silly isn't?" Chiriko said.

"Do you mind if we come in?" I asked.

"Um, nope." He replied.

Chiriko and I got in and sat down at the table.

"Jinta! Get them something! You can't just let them starve to death!" Menma scolded Jinta.

Jinta let out a groan and looked at his cabinet "I only have 'Country Man Cookies'" Jinta said.

"Those were steamed bread." Chiriko said.

"Uh, yeah? What about them?" Jinta asked.

"Sadly they weren't as good as your mom's, here's were a lot softer. Sifting the flour would've helped, adding a few teaspoons of baking powder would have them fluff up." Chiriko said.

"Really? I thought the problem was not adding raisins!" Menma said.

"Really looks like you know how to cook, don't you?" Jinta said.

"Not really," Chiriko admitted "but as long as you rely on a recipe the result should be fine, any dilemmas are of your own making."

"No recipe! Right here!" Menma cheered.

"Menma, I don't think that's a good thing to cheer about." I mumbled.

"So why did you two come here in the first place?" Jinta asked "I have a bad feeling about this."

"Jintan! That's rude!" Menma yet again scolded him.

"You know Jinta, I don't think that it's possible for Menma to make that." Chiriko said.

Jinta looked annoyed.

"But, that little bit of disbelief is why I wanted to ask you something." Chiriko said smiling.

~timeskip~

3rd Person POV

Anaru was at Wcdonalds sipping her drink as her 'friends' were uncontrollably laughing, probably something inappropriate.

She saw Tsuruko, Jintan, and (N/n) walking together.

Immediately she got off her chair and ran for the exit.

"Why are you leaving?" One of her friends asked.

"Uh, I need to go somewhere, I'll see you later!" She nervously said.

"What's up with her?" Anaru's other friend asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. But whatever it is she better stop it." The orange haired girl said.

Anaru caught up to Tsuruko "So is that Yadami?" She asked.

"Who else would have that untameable mass of black hair?" Tsuruko replied.