18 Hide and Seek

I do not own Anohana: The Fliwer We Saw That Day neither do I own you. I only own the Yamamotos.

Jintan and I arrived at his house.

I put my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath.

"Let's get in." He said.

I nodded my head in agreement.

He opened the door and we stepped in. I knew that I wouldn't be able to see her, so I was going to have to rely on my hearing.

As soon as I stepped in I had a feeling that I should call my dad and tell him an excuse of why I wouldn't be home. I got my phone out of my school bag and called him.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey dad is it okay if I stay at Tsurumi's for the night?" I asked politely.

"Mmm, yeah sure. Don't make bad decisions." He said.

"Okay, I won't." I said. I felt guilt churning in my stomach, but I had to lie or else I would've got my but kicked.

We looked around and Jintan found her. I didn't see Menma, all I got was a shadow, it looked like Menma's figure. It looked like she was sprawled on the floor.

"What happened?" Jintan asked worried.

"Jintan, (Y/n). My hand is kind of see through." She said.

"I remember my wish now." She said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, I made a promise to your mom," Menma explained "I promised Jintan's mom that Jintan would cry.

"So I called everybody to see if they had any ideas, and that day I guess it didn't go so well. Maybe what happened that day was my punishment for keeping it a secret from you." Menma continued.

"No, no, no, it'll never be your fault." I said to her.

"Jintan you're crying again, you know what I'm gladest of all whenever you smile. I think it's time to say goodbye."

"No, you have to say good bye to others too!" Jintan and I said in unison.

Jintan continued "I wanted to tell you how sorry I am and to have a second chance. To say your name and hear you respond back. And to tell you that I love you! But so does everybody else. They love you they all love you."

It looked like Jintan was giving Menma a piggy back ride.

"Come one, we're going to the secret base" I said.

We ran all the way back.

When we arrived we were beyond out of breath.

Then Jintan said "Menma!" Over and over again. I geuss that he couldn't see or hear her. Wel neither could I now.

We all ran outside shouting out Menma's name looking for her at the woods.

Timeskip

We had been searching for hours the sun rose, it was early in the morning.

We all got together in a clearing that was a little cliff and a tree at the edge.

"Jintan, you feet!" I heard Poppo say.

"She must have already left." Tsuruko said it looked like she was on the brink of tears.

Anaru and Yukiatsu's eyes filled with tears knowing that Tsuruko could be correct.

My own eyes were filled with tears.

"Wait," Anaru said "those are pages from Menma's diary and other letters two letters."