Chapter 9

It as the next week and neither Josh or Maya has spoken to each other.
Raven has started to realize that and with time they just knew it wasn't going to work out as planned.
The court case is over a few minutes and Maya was very stressed.
She was just outside of court trying to get her marbles together.
Jackson was with his father and Maya wasn't very calm.
Her phone vibrated and she took it out of her pocket.

J: 'Good luck. Hope you win. Love you.'

She knows Josh means well but what is going to happen?
She goes in court and sits down next to Topanga.
She knows nothing is as it seems.
A judge comes out and looks everyone in the eye.
Maya doesn't make eye contact with her parents due to everything going on.

"Today's case is sole custody of Raven Hunter who has been with Maya Penelope Matthews for the past year and a half. Raven's parents Katy and Shawn Hunter declares that it is their every right to have their daughter back. Your lawyer spended me everything and for this reason we go ahead to Maya Hunter. Her lawyer, Topanga Matthews, will be speaking for her. You may talk Mrs Matthews."
"Thank you Your Honour. April, 2019. Shawn and Katy left the eight montb baby at the time alone in a house which was located in a very busy street. There was a break-in later that day. They came back a few months later and was only there for three days before they left. Mrs Hunter has been leaving her daughter, Maya, alone for many years from the age six-sixteen. She only became involved then in her daughter's life. Mrs Matthews has also told me about when the little girl was only a mkgnh and her parents left her alone at home. Maya came back to a man sniffing around in the rooms. Maya immediately contacted the police and they sat up a trap to caught the man. The baby was unharmed but it could have gotten very bad," Topanga said.
" Mrs Maya Matthews please stand," the judge said and Maya did so.
" What are your career status at the moment?"
"I took over my father's business," Maya said.
"Who will be providing for you if something happened?"
"My husband, Joshua Matthews. We recently merged the two businesses together and is working together for the moment."
"Right in front of me I have an agreement that your parents get to see their daughter whenever they want if they have supervision either you or your husband with. Do you stand by it?"
"I do Your Honour," Maya said.
"Sit down. I've made my decision which wasn't easy. Raven will stay with Maya and her parents will have the right to visit with supervision anytime they want."

It happened.
Finally.
Raven was safe with Maya and nothing could stop that.
She was safe with her.

____________________________________

What you think?
Comment below ⬇