Chapter 17

It was the next afternoon around two-thirty and Maya was just walking in the mall near the house with Raven and Jackson.
It was a surprisingly good walk.
Raven was calm but she did have a smoothie with her so that's why.
And for Jackson...
He was the perfect baby.
It wasn't like very crazy like it usually would be but Maya was just waiting for the storm.
With those two she knows it's gonna happen.

"Maya," she heard a voice and turned around.

She got the fright of her life.
Kermit Hart in front of her.
What did he want?

"Dad?" Maya said.
"You look good. Really good. Your mom did a good job," Kermit said.
"Mom did nothing. My History teacher raised me," Maya said trying to get this conversation over with.
"Who is this?" Kermit asked.
"Raven is mom's daughter. She was born two years ago. And this is my son, Jackson. I got married last year," Maya said.
"I'm happy for you," Kermit said.
"Why are you talking to me? Doesn't the court case prevent that?"
"I saw you. Immediately recognized your voice and wanted to know how you are. I heard about your mother and her new..."
"Don't ever talk to me again. You lost that fourteen years ago. As well as me. Let's go Raven," Maya said and they were gone.

They got back home and immediately Josh saw that something was wrong.

"Raven why don't you go play in your room?" Josh said and the two year old was gone.
"Okay what's going on? You look like you saw a ghost," Josh said as Maya puts Jackson in his play crib.
"Maya," Josh said and Maya faced Josh.
"I saw my father in the mall," Maya said and Josh knew which one she was talking about.
"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Josh asked worried.
"No. I'm okay. He wouldn't do it in a..."

Maya didn't finsih her sentence then tears came streaming down her face.
Josh pulled her close and held her tight.
He didn't know what to do but he does know that Maya would never want to see her father again.
Not after what she went through fourteen years ago.
But what does he do?
Does he tell her she is being ridiculous or to be cautious?
All be knows is that she never wants to relive what she did.

It was a few hours later and Maya had pulled herself together.
She got a shower and changed her outfit.
She did spend some time with Raven and Jackson then the door bell ringed.

"I'll get it," Josh said.
"Thanks."
"Mom, Dad come in," Josh said.
"Thank you. There is my little grandson. Did you get bigger?" Amy said as she picked Jackson up.
"He grows very fast now. Too fast. He's already in twelve-fourteen month clothes. But the doctor said he's pretty average," Maya said.
"Hello Raven," Alan said and the little girl came running to him.
"What did you guys want to discuss with us?" Josh asked.
"You know about the business?" Alan asked.
"I found out yesterday," Maya said.
"Well I have some bad news. Unless we gather money very fast we'll have to shut down the business," Alan said.
"I did think about a way of making money. A concert. We can hold a concert with shows and places to eat and buy stuff. I went to one when I was seventeen and I really enjoyed it. I do sing so I thought of doing something like that for a long time of it was needed."
"I'm not so sure if that will work. It's a great idea but you're not it very popular," Alan said.
"Believe me. People will line up for her. What about something for New Years? We replace the function with the concert," Josh said.
"Let me hear what you have. Maybe it will be a lot better than I think," Alan said.