Chapter 54

Sunday, 9 May.
Maya and Josh were at Alan and Amy's for yet another family dinner.
They have been doing this a lot since they were unsure how early the baby would come.
Raven was running around outside while Amy played with Jackson.
Everyone sat outside since it was a nice afternoon to just relax.
Amy was indeed surprised about the dog they bought along.

"For who are you dog sitting?" Amy asked.
"Oh no. Your son came with the dog home a week ago. It's ours. His name is Blue," Maya said.
"Raven is crazy about him," Alan said.
"Yeah she is. Listen we want to talk to you guys about something really quickly. It seems like Maya is having the baby earlier than we expected."
"Meaning?" Amy asked.
"I started having contractions similar to birth contractions about a week ago. I went to the doctor two days ago and he says my body is preparing to go into birth. Which is really weird. Scarlette is also weighing under so we'll have to see how it does go," Maya said.
"Scarlette? Her name, I'm guessing," Alan said.
"Yeah. We decided on one quite early this time. We wanted to find out if you guys would be willing to take care of Jackson and Raven in that time. I would love to be there with Maya at the hospital," Josh said.
"Of course. Just bring them over when it's time. I'll look after them without problems," Amy said.
"Thanks guys," Josh said.
"Anytime. Which grandmother won't want to spend time with her grandson?"