Chapter 15

It was around noon and Maya was just busy with paperwork.
Jackson was taking a nap and she had just gotten of the phone with her lawyer for the business which wasn't good news.
In fact, it was the worst news she could ever receive.
She then heard a knock and realized she didn't have anyone coming over.

"Come in," Maya said and Lucas appeared.
"Have a second?" Lucas asked.
"Yeah come on in Lucas. Long time, no see," Maya said.
"Yeah. He is getting big," Lucas said.
"And darn cute. I can barely get any work done with him. But I'm not complaining," Maya said.
"Okay I don't actually want to but I heard you argued with Riley."
"She wants me to be more involved and with two kids under three I just can't. She basically said Jackson wasn't planned. And I know that is true but she made me sound really cheap. Like I on purposely got pregnant to catch Josh and I didn't. We hadn't talked since then," Maya said.
" She didn't mean it like that," Lucas said.
" I know. But I think it's best if I just stay out of her way for awhile. You know. Give each other a little bit of space," Maya said.
" Yeah. I have to get to college. I have my next class in half an hour. See ya," Lucas said.
" See you Lucas," Maya said and sigh.