Chapter 16

Maya was busy getting dinner ready while Raven and Jackson was just playing in the living room.
She knew there was a lot to do and a lot she can't hide from Josh.
He'll find out eventually and she doesn't want him to find out from someone else.
Josh came in through the front door and Maya sigh.

"Hey how was your day?" Josh asked as he gave Maya a kiss.
"Not too good," Maya said.
"It because of Lucas?" Josh asked.
"No. My parents never put the business over in my name," Maya said.
"Okay. So you can just go and do it then," Josh said.
"The business is bankrupt Josh," Maya said.
"What? How is that even possible? You're doing well," Josh said.
"I should have noticed it months ago. We have been married since last year, July, and I'm only noticing it now. Shows where my attention is," Maya said.
"At your son which is where any mom's attention is at. It's not your fault. Can we safe it?" Josh asked.
"I don't know. I'll see the lawyer Monday and see if we can fix it. But it seems like we're deep in the trouble. Shawn stopped paying for the business at all costs," Maya said.
"Then you won't want to hear this. My parents want to talk to us about something," Josh said.
"Invite them for dinner tomorrow night. We do need to talk to them about last night as well," Maya said and looked at Jackson.
"This one is getting more teeth," Maya said.
"Wow. He is getting big. Aren't you?" Josh said.