Chapter 14

It was early the next morning and both Maya and Josh were up.
Around five-thirty but nothing was as it seemed.
She and Josh carried on as if nothing was wrong while everything was wrong.
And she knows it.
He knows it.
But what can they actually do?

"We can't ignore the situation Maya," Josh said.

Maya was just busy giving Jackson a bottle when Josh said that.
Raven was still asleep so while she isn't there Josh thought they could talk about it.

"Do you think that's the reason why we got married?" Maya asked.
"What? Jax? No. I suppose it contributed to everything but no. Jackson is not the reason why I married you. Your feelings for me never did go away, did they?" Josh asked and Maya shook her head.
"It wasn't easy getting you out of my mind. Whether I was at home or at school, at your brother's or anywhere basically you were on my mind. The songs I've sang at like your birthday and that one I sang when you took me out everything was about you. I have a file full of songs and most of them are about us. What is the saying? First love never dies," Maya said.
" I was your first love?" Josh asked as he sat down next to Maya.

She smiled and gave Jackson over to Josh.

"I never trusted another guy. My father left big emotional scars. Not only for my mother but for me as well. I would never be able to say how much I wanted to feel what my parents had felt. And I would never know. Because I don't trust easily. Or at least I didn't in high school. But our connection was there. From the very beginning. Whether you said I was too young I felt what I did. And I think it was amazing. It made me who I am today. If it wasn't for that immediate connection we wouldn't be where we are today and we wouldn't have had Jax. Because of those feelings I am here. And there is no place else I'd rather be," Maya said.
"I love you," Josh said.
"I love you too," Maya said and gave Josh a kiss.