My Best Friend : Part 2

We stopped at the bluffs and Opie parked the bike. I climbed off and took off the helmet hanging it on his handle bars before striding to the edge. I stood there and took a deep breath sighing as I released it.

I let my eyes flutter shut as I let my myself feel peace for the first time in a while. I smiled slightly until I felt a pair of large hands on my waist. I jumped a little and spun around seeing Opie's face above me. I met his eyes, eyes that were clouded over with an undeserneable emotion. "Opie?" I asked softly reaching up to place my hands on his shoulders.

He didn't answer me, his face just continued to get closer to mine. He stopped when I could feel his hot breath on my lips. A look of determination crossed through his eyes before he gave the final push that had our lips meeting for the first time.

My world stopped turning the moment his lips collided with mine. His hands slid up to hold my back, pulling me closer to him. I clutched at his leather cut as I melted into his kiss.

I kissed him back with just as much love and passion as he put into it. Eventually we had to pull away to catch our breath and he leaned his forehead against mine. He pulled back and grinned with a small laugh.

I stopped and a look of pure confusion crossed my face. "Layla, I love you. I have for the last two years. You're my best friend, my rock. When I'm with you I feel whole again. I feel like everything is just right. I don't know if I'm right but judging by that kiss I'm gonna say you feel the same way I do." He cupped my cheeks and kissed me again before pulling away smiling.

"Opie..." I whispered meeting his warm eyes. "Do you have any idea how long I've wished for this?" I asked with a wide smile.

"I'm all yours Layla. If you'll have me." He told me softly.

"Are you sure about this Ope? You could have any girl you want, but you want me?" I asked him with uncertainty.

"You're the only one for me Layla. You're the only person aside from my kids that has made me feel anything in a long time. I want you. Only you." His voice held sincerity and his eyes mirrored it.

"O-Okay Opie." I replied.

"Yes?" He asked excited.

"Yes Ope." He picked me up and spun me around before kissing me again. "Dreams do come true." I whispered clasping his bearded cheeks in my palms.