𝐕𝐈𝐈

Taehyung

Taehyung sauntered through the main corridor, a path clearing for him, as expected. He looked up ahead, seeing Jungkook's 'cult' scattered somewhat closely around the staircase, which they had probably claimed as their own, since no one dared to use it, not even the staff. Taehyung slipped his hands into his pockets, his dark, artichoke-coloured corduroy side-bag swaying by his side with each step. "Jungkook." Taehyung said scathingly, in a way that made the vampires' own first name sound like an insult to himself. Jungkook turned, but not in time, as Taehyung brusquely grabbed the vampire by the bicep, dragging him with ease, into a space between two rows of lockers. Damn, though, Taehyung thought to himself, feeling the steel-hard brawn he was gripping, was it even humanely possible for a muscle to be this tough? Taehyung abruptly turned, once the two of them were close, facing each other in a corner in front of the janitor's office, in the space between the last row lockers and the next row of lockers. Taehyung suddenly looked down at Jungkook's bicep, squeezing it again, both confusion and awe painted on his face, "That's so fucking weird." He grumbled, as the muscle didn't move, like it was steel. "Yeah, I know, it took a lot of work to look like-" "shut the fuck up." Taehyung scowled, remembering what he was here for. He searched the pocket of his trouser, before taking out the paper Jungkook had used to apologise cryptically, yesterday, and slammed the crumpled thing onto Jungkook's chest. "What's this?" He inquired, snatching the paper from his front. His eyes scanned over the drawing, realisation dawning on his face, "-Ah..." he said, "-this..." "yeah... that." Taehyung snapped. "What kind of an apology was that, I couldn't even read what it said until I fucking stuffed it into a mirror." Taehyung scowled bitterly, as Jungkook rubbed his neck in embarrassment, "Well yeah, I haven't got the best handwriting..." he mumbled, awkwardly, "Yeah, no, this handwriting could give you fucking eye cancer. And don't get me started on your drawings." Taehyung sneered. Jungkook scoffed at this, "Look, Jungkook, if you do really want to apologise, assuming you have the heart to," Taehyung glared, "-then say it to my face." The werewolf gave Jungkook one last glower, before turning, leaving the vampire standing there, dumbfounded, as if Taehyung had just given him the lecture of his life.

It was third period, and Professor Geraldine was back at it again, asking the students to recite classic excerpts of great literature works for periods straights. "-so can everyone please turn to page 147 of in your copy of Wuthering Heights, which I handed out last week, you should still have it in your bag." there were a few guilty shuffles around the room. "Mmh." The teacher sighed, through grit teeth. "-just share with whoever still has the script on your table, I can't be bothered to hand out new papers to lazy, ungrateful students who can't appreciate the art of literature." Professor Geraldine hissed in a low voice, briskly turning, before sinking into her desk chair behind her table, before beginning to recite the scene in a voice laden with that of a bonafide literature zealot, "Ahem," she cleared her throat, before continuing. "Her senses never returned — she recognised nobody from the time you left her," I said. "She lies with a sweet smile on her face; and her latest ideas wandered back to pleasant early days. Her life closed in a gentle dream — may she wake as kindly in the other world!" Taehyung felt a sudden movement beside him. He turned, abruptly, seeing the familiar face of Jungkook, who had slunk from behind the empty chair, next to Taehyung. The werewolf gave a sniff of disapproval, wryly scowling, before turning to face the front of the class again, ignoring the vampire. There were a few seconds of silence, before Taehyung felt a small, sudden prick on the side of his arm. "Ow." He mumbled as he looked down. Jungkook was nudging a piece of paper onto Taehyung's elbow. "What?" He hissed to the boy, who simply looked nodded his head, gesturing for taehyung to open it. The werewolf sighed, eventually snatching the paper, and unraveling it. He felt Jungkook stiffen momentarily, clearing his throat, as if awaiting a rating. Taehyung softly, almost playfully, pushed the boy away from him slightly, as he leaned away, hiding the paper with his hand, reading it to himself.