Beginning of the end part 01

From lumbering giants and fearsome trolls to impish satyrs and magical elves, mythical creatures to werewolves and vampires, have captured imaginations of humans since the dawn of time. Cultures worldwide have passed down tales through the generations and created untold volumes of lore.

Even today, legendary beasts and beings continue to captivate us as stories of yore receive contemporary updates in books, movies and on television. In this day and age we can all be a bit skeptical. Collectively, our default mode is set to the belief that the world has been fully mapped out, explored, documented and done with. There are no magical creatures out there now; no dragons, unicorns, witches or other wild and wonderful beasts from the annuls of ancient folklore. Just real ones. If it's down to her she would say it's wishful thinking because can you blame humans for believing there are forces more or powerful than then living amongst them hidden in plain sight. The idea of these creatures  truly existing in physical form is indeed is terrifying.

It was during the mid 13th century when humans started revolting, standing up against the geneticist of supernatural creatures. For years the the supernatural beings suffered at the hands of humans  feared their power and with all the abuse they faced rebellious supernatural creatures stood up and began to fight back. This is what drove the Elders, also known as  "the Founders", for "the Council of Elders", to form a government consisting members representing all the supernatural beings. They would agree on rules and regulations that would help  protect humans and supernatural alike.

Now as any other beings the supernaturals too have order, just like humans they also have a government that controls them, to keeps things in order, keep humans and supernatural beings safe from each other or sometimes from themselves. This is where the supernatural Critical Response devision steps in.
Arcane is the SCRD division that is responsible or maintaining peace and order between realms (Supernatural Critical Response Division)

With movement of people across international borders in the form of immigration the Arcane too expanded their reach creating sub divisions in different continents and operating a stealth team or Special operatives of supernaturals to keep peace amongst the supernaturals and humans.

Arcane operates under a leader, and the council of Elders long ago decided the role would be given bestowed upon a Lycanthrope (werewolf) since amongst the supernatural beings who they were the only beings that had managed to integrate themselves into the humans realm with ease and create long lasting relationships. The leader of Arcane is a wolf  that is appointed by the council, goes by as the cryptonym Beowulf.

The official term of a newly appointed Beowulf is normally a decade, the selection of the Leader is done through an international election held between the parliamentary members of the council, a Beowulf would serve as the commander of Arcane extending  their term for another decade if the council decides in favour. Once the Lycanthrope is selected, he's put through a series of mental and physical trials in order to determine his suitability to be the leader of the highest authority next to the council to maintain peace between realms.

The leaders from all those devisions answer to Arcane Headquarters in Loswarire, a city concealed  under strong spells to keep it hidden from the human eye. The city is the home to all the important businesses and establishments pertaining to the supernatural world.

As the generations went by, the supernatural realm remained hidden from wondering human eye, specific schools and universities were opened for the children of the supernatural beings who didn't want their kids to mingle with humans while the rest were mingling with the humans just fine and went to regular state schools or private schools depending on their social status. Some towns and villages stayed hidden under cloaking spells and some packs and clans remained deep within untouched forests that spread across the globe.