𝐗𝐈𝐕

Jungkook

The vampire sidled over to where Taehyung and his' discontinued artwork was placed, only to see their stationery and work scattered everywhere. Probably a wild dog or something, Jungkook thought, as he clicked his tongue and began to collect the fallen items. It was only as he began to pack away the canvas when he noticed the small gash of a claw mark of the edge of the art. It didn't seem like it was from a wild dog, or a cat, or a werewolf, for that matter. This was something bigger, something more ominous.

Taehyung

gentle orbs of rain rapped against the car windows as Taehyung drove onwards. The heavens were overhung with a blanket of grey; so much so that Taehyung, even with his acute eyesight, could barely tell the difference between the sky and clouds. The werewolf's anxiety was beginning to get the best of him today. Not only was Jungkook gone for hours longer than usual; Taehyung was also starting his medical internship. Namjoon had assigned him to the topic of Druidism, Healing, specifically. Namjoon had also gotten him a place in one of the most prestigious infirmaries known to the supernatural world, Jericho's Sanatorium. Gazing straight ahead, only half-aware of a world outside the claustrophobic comfort of the car, of Taehyung's hands stroking the wheel, the almost soundless changing of the gears, the pattern of occasional streetlights and neon ship lights were the only things that flickered through Taehyung's side-view. The hospital was a quite a bit south-west, even if there was no traffic; it would take some time getting there. The car was sleek, running over the black tarmac so fast that the passing ambience became a hazy blur. The windows were beaded and the rain hammered down against the rooftop like the drums of vagabond street performer.

The mist on the windows were thick enough for Taehyung to draw on them, like he would do as a kid, continuing up to his adolescent years.

It was about midday, by the time Taehyung had reached the hospital. He pulled himself out of the car, locking it on his way out. A faint 'beep' as it did so. Taehyung began walking, through the almost empty parking lot, towards the blue sliding doors of the hospital entrance. Taehyung entered the building, immediately inhaling the various scents of rosemary, sage and the faint scent of thyme. All those familiar smells. It was all too...homely. The hallways and atmosphere were completely different. The air had an almost perfumed scent and the seats were plush. Every surface was dustless. The nurses and doctors were unhurried and they moved with a serene purposefulness from room to room on their rounds. There were vases of flowers and beautiful framed pieces of art on the walls. In the corridor was a water dispenser and in most rooms could be heard the noise of a television. The hallway has as much personality as the rest of the hospital. The floor is slate grey and the walls dove. Above the ceiling is made from those polystyrene squares laid on a grid-like frame. The light was too bright for the werewolf's eyes after the darkening gloom outside, he found it abrasive, enough perhaps to bring on a migraine. There were commercial prints on the wall, tasteful in the dull kind of way. The place certainly wasn't run by risk-takers and Taehyung guessed he should find comfort in that. Above every door he passed was a large plastic sign, dark with white lettering- no fancy fonts, just bold and all-caps. The place looked so new and spotless, the werewolf almost felt underdressed and informal. Taehyung stepped quietly aside, into his mentor's room, Claudius Gallen. He was a Druid doctor, apparently an immortal, or long-living one, as Taehyung had heard one of the doctors whisper. Word had gotten to the werewolf that his mentor had worked alongside the French Wraith, Temperance LeGrandé. The sheer sound of the name, even not read out loud, gave Taehyung shivers up his spine. The werewolf made his way through the pristinely clean corridor ward. Taehyung kept going back to the thought about how the hospital hallway was like something out of Star Trek. Everything that could shine, did shine. There was stainless steel, sleek floors and the art on the walls were all natural images in colours as bright as glacier melt-water or spring flowers. In the background played music at just the right level to give the patients and staff an emotional lift. But the best part was the ceiling, just clear and high arched. It was like standing out in the open without the risk of rain. Finally, Taehyung had reached the room. Ward 175. Doctor Claudius Gallen. The sign above was old, and had scratches all over it, almost as if a cat had lived upon it. Taehyung sharply inhaled, before placing his hand upon the unusually cold door handle.