Chapter 4: Entrance Exam

(D/HN) = (Our) Dad's Heroname

I wake up bright and early for the entrance exams for UA high school.

"Mom, Dad! I'm going to get going now!" I say.

"Okay, I still don't understand why you would reject the recommendation and go through the normal exam..." my dad says.

"That's because I'm not Shoto," I say. "I'm not someone who deserves the recommendation letter. I'm just a normal high schooler, maybe a little weaker than normal, with a 5th best hero as a dad. I'm going to get in through my own power this time. If I don't, I probably just wasn't meant to do it."

"Alright," my mom says. "I hope you have lots of fun!"

"I hope you have fun too," my dad says and I have to look back, surprised.

I put my hand on my forehead to salute, "I will!" I say and laugh.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you?" my dad asks.

"I have legs that work perfectly! I can take the train, besides cars are for lame people that can't figure out directions themselves, bleh!" I say.

"Okay, okay," my dad says and laughs slightly. "Have fun (Y/n),"

"Uh-huh," I say and leave the house. There won't be anyone I know there because both Shoto and Momo got recommendation letters but I'll be able to manage alone. I need to be able to get through things without Shoto.

As soon as I reach the school, the atmosphere there is tense. No one says a thing as we all walk in with shivering arms and legs.

And out of all these scared, quiet people, I see one person with bright yellow hair speaking out his thoughts.

"AHHHH THEY ALL LOOK SO STRONG WHAT IF I DON'T MAKE IT??? WHAT IF THERE ARE WRITTEN TESTS??? I'M NEVER GONNA MAKE IT!!!" he screams.

And I'm sorry but the first thing that came to my mind was, 'he must be stupid'.

"A-are you alright?" I decide to ask. 'Geh, why am I trying to talk to him? I just thought that he was stupid 3 seconds ago!' I think.

"Wow! You're super cute!" he says.

'What? Is he trying to hit on me...?' I think, 'Okay maybe not. He's just stupid and flirty. Okay, that seems right. But what is he trying to achieve by randomly complimenting me? I don't know anymore, it's fine,' I think.

"Ahaha... thanks, I guess..." I say sweatdropping.

Then he smiles. The brightest smile I've seen today, no, maybe in my life. 'Now that I think about it, Shoto rarely smiles,' I think.

We talk for a little more while walking into the building before the introduction starts. We end up going to different venues for the written exam but he was super fun to talk to. I hope he gets into UA, I'll have a friend.

'No no, I have to make sure I get in before I worry about anyone else getting in.' I think, clearing up my arrogant thoughts.

The written test was fairly easy, at a level no one would fail miserably. Almost as if they were trying to relax us, saying, 'You'll be fine' but also making sure we don't relax too much.

After the 2 hours they gave us for the written test, we all moved to a model of a city for a practical test.

"THERE ARE DIFFERENT NUMBER OF POINTS FOR EACH ROBOT. THERE'S ONE ZERO POINT MONSTER, YOU DON'T GET ANY POINTS FOR IT." Present Mic quickly explains.

As I walk to the venue I was assigned to, I see the same guy from before. 'Oh that reminds me, I wanted to ask for his name...' I think.

"H-Hey!" I call out as I walk towards him. He looks like he has no more soul left. "How was your written exam???" I ask worriedly.