Chapter 6: Quirk Assessment

We're let back into the class after a few more minutes.

"Okay, get changed into your gym clothes. Once you're changed, meet me in the field," he says.

We're all confused but we follow what he says and walk onto the field.

"I thought you left for school already? I was worried, I didn't know what happened to you," Shoto says.

"Ahaha... I fell asleep on one of the subway benches but Kaminari-kun found me so I was lucky. I mean I was still late but..."

"Kaminari...? Oh the guy that came in with you, did you know him?" Shoto asks.

"Oh, yeah. He helped me during the entrance exams. I'm glad he made it in too, he was nice to me," I say.

"Hmm...," Shoto says a little dryly.

I'm a little confused about why Shoto's not in a great mood, 'Maybe Endeavour made him do some more training this morning...' I think.

We walk out to the field and wait for Aizawa-sensei to give us instructions.

"We're going to start a quirk assessment. The person who ends up last place is going to be expelled. Good luck," he says.

"WHAT?"

"Expelled?"

"DEKUUUUUU!"

"Shoto, what do I do, I'm going to fail and be expelled..." I say.

"Don't worry too much, you'll be fine," he says.

"Okay..." I say.

Shoto smiles at me and I instantly feel a bit better. Shoto's smiles make me happy.

"Okay, Bakugou Katsuki! Throw the ball as far as possible using your quirk," Aizawa sensei says.

"Kay, DIEEEEEE," he says.

"Die? Did that guy just yell die, Shoto?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I heard..." Shoto replies sweatdropping. "He seems stupid" I let out a laugh.

"HEY WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING STUPID, YOU IDIOTS!"

"Ugh, we were caught," Shoto says unamused and I laugh again.

"Yeah," I laugh.

"HEY DON'T IGNORE ME!"

"705.2 meters," Aizawa sensei says.

"Oh shoot, he's actually good," I whisper to Shoto.

"OF COURSE I AM, WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE,"

"Next person, (L/n) (Y/n)!" Aizawa sensei says.

"Oh no, I'm going to fail..." I say as I walk up onto the field.

I grab the ball and throw it as far as I can. As soon as it's in the air, I put my hands together and shoot water out like a water jet. 'Oh no, I don't know how well this is going to work...' I think. After a bit, the ball starts to fall. I don't know how well I did, but I know that it wasn't anything close to what that Bakugou guy did.

"394.3 meters," Aizawa sensei says.

"It's not as bad as I thought it would be, I'm so happy Shoto!" I say super happy.

"Haha, I'm glad you seem happy, (Y/n), but I knew you would be okay," he says and it makes me even happier.

Well, I thought no one would beat Bakugou until Momo makes a canon. A darn canon. That should be against the rules? Like who cares if it's her quirk, it's a CANON. But I have to admit, she's super cool.

"Shoto, she's super cool," I say.

"Yeah," he says. "She really is."

My heart stings. 'Ugh, why did I even say that? I knew he was going to agree, why do I always purposely make myself feel bad?' I think.

I go about the rest of the quirk assessment with uneasy feelings but at least I didn't fail. Apparently Aizawa-sensei only said we were going to get expelled to scare us and make sure we do our very best. 

In a few hours, lunch comes around and I sit down with Shoto and Momo, I mean they're the only people I know. I usually eat the same thing as Shoto but I decide to try something different today, I mean he always has cold soba.

After lunch, the girl with a quirk that cancels out gravity came to talk to me.

"Um, (L/n)-chan, was it? Your quirk is water, right? That's so cool!" she says.

"Y-yeah, do you really think it's cool, uh," I say.

"Oh, my name's Uraraka Ochako. Just call me Ochako!" she says.

"Oh, then call me (Y/n)!" I say. "Um, I've never had a friend other than Shoto and Momo. Oh, you never said you were going to be my friend T^T" I say in realization.

"BWAHAHA," she laughs, "you're super funny, (Y/n). Of course, I would like to be your friend! Wait why would anyone not want to be friends with you???"

"Basically my body is super weak but I got into a hero school by recommendation from my father for middle school. I guess it wasn't interesting for other kids that worked super hard to get in. No matter how hard I worked, no one would accept me," I explain. "So this time, although I got a recommendation letter, I decided to reject it and take the normal exam. I didn't want to go through the same thing for another three years again..."

"That's just mean! It's not your fault your body's weak! And don't worry (Y/n)-chan, from now on, we'll all help you, don't worry!" she says. It makes me feel warm inside, I made a friend today. She's the first friend I made without connections. She's the first person that didn't laugh at me. I'm so happy.

Kaminari POV

I guess it's none of my business but she's really close to Todoroki. I guess both of their parents are pro heroes so they meet often. That guy looks cool, he's strong, he's tall, he seems smart, he knows what he's doing. Ugh, why is the world so unfair? Why do people like that exist anyways?

'(Y/n) has a boyfriend and there's also that Todoroki guy that's always around her. She's nowhere in my reach.' I think. 'I mean, I guess it's nothing new. No one's ever been in my reach anyways. But then if it's the same as always, I wonder why I feel so sad this time.'

(Y/n) POV

'Oh no, I was wrong.' I think. 'Now that I think about it, Ochako wasn't the first. Kaminari was the first. He's my first real friend. I have to thank him again later' I think happily.

I have 2 new friends now.

(A/N Hello! Thank you so much for reading this chapter! It's a little short this time and it was kind of a filler chapter but I really hope you still enjoyed it. Again, thank you so much for reading this really boring chapter. I hope to see you next chapter! PLUS ULTRA!!!!)