Chapter 16: Practical Exams

(Y/n) POV

Now that our written exams are over, w have to start preparing for our practical exams. Personally, I liked the written portion of our exams better than the practical because of my body and we knew what to expect whereas we don't know what we're fighting against for our practical exams.

Today's the morning of our practical exams and I'm super nervous. Although I've been training, it doesn't mean quite anything when you need a 15-minute break every half-hour if you want to prevent yourself from fainting. I walk into the classroom and I hear Shoto call my name.

"Um, good morning Shoto," I say and quickly look over to Ochako to avoid having to talk to him. "Ochako-chan, how are you feeling? Are you nervous about the exam?"

While Ochako and I talk about the exam and what we could possibly expect, I hear Shoto laughing with Momo.

'What? What happened during this one week that I didn't talk to him for?' I think in shock. I don't know. I think I'm just sad. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm just simply sad. 'No, no. (Y/n), don't lose focus!' I think to myself. 'I have to do an exam now! I don't need to distract myself with anything unnecessary.'

"Are you okay?" Ochako-chan asks me.

"Y-yeah, of course!" I say to her. "Don't worry about it too much, I'm used to this much..."

She gives a frown but then says, "You can talk to me if you want to let it all out okay? Here, why don't I go slap some sense into him-- for real this time."

"Uh, it's fine, Ochako-chan," I say. "It really is. Besides I've been the one who's technically avoiding him so I can't really blame it on him."

"(Y/n), why do you even still like that guy? On the scumbag level of guys in the class, I can proudly say that Todoroki effing Shoto is right 2nd from the bottom, right above Mineta," she says a little louder and I have to sweatdrop. "Not only that, there's probably a million guys out there that would kill to be with you." Then, in the end, she says loudly, "Right, Kaminari?"

"What?" he asks, trying to figure out what he's agreeing to and I try to stop Ochako.

"No, no it's fine, Ochako-chan, there's no way he would like me," I frantically say to her under my breath.

"RIGHT, KAMINARI?" she glares and yells at him.

'I'm sorry Kaminari,' I think.

"Yes?" he says out of surprise.

"There you go (Y/n). That's one person." Ochako says proudly.

I sweatdrop. How does that even work? Besides, there's no way he would like me for real.

"Okay, everyone get into your hero costumes and go out onto the field! Your practical exams are starting!" Aizawa sensei says while walking into the class. "Now, hurry up! Why are you guys so slow?"

'But you, like, just entered the classroom 15 minutes late? How can you possibly call us slow?' I think, well, probably the whole class thinks.

We all change into our hero costumes as quickly as possible and head over to the field. There, we find out that we'd be fighting the teachers in groups of 2.

'What? Is that even possible? Yeah, sure, they have weights and handicaps on them but they're powerful pro-heroes!' we all think in shock. We were all expecting those zero-point villains from the entrance exam.

"We will now announce your groups, everyone, please listen carefully," Aizawa-sensei says.

'I wonder who I'll be with...' I think. 'I hope I'm with Shoto. I'll probably have no problems with passing if I'm with him. Not only that, if I could use this as a chance to talk to him again...'