Chapter 17: Confession

Kaminari POV

I have nothing that I could say to (Y/n). There's nothing I can do. She frantically tries to wipe away her tears and I watch from behind, feeling as helpless as ever.

Then, a few minutes later, Todoroki walks into the room with Momo like he's done absolutely nothing wrong and sees (Y/n), with tears streaming down her face.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" he asks seriously sincere.

'What? 'What's wrong?' Did he seriously just say 'WHAT'S WRONG?'' I think. And I stop thinking. I stop thinking about what's morally right, what s my business and what's not. I walk up to Todoroki.

(Y/n) POV

'What? Did this guy actually ask me what was wrong?' I think. For the first time, I put Shoto down and I think of myself.

But I don't hear anything. Actually, I hear one thing. I hear Ochako's voice, ringing through my head. "You're looking for someone that treasures you and takes you as their top priority. You deserve that much, (Y/n)," her voice says to me inside my head.

I put my hands over my ears and breath. No matter how much I love him, I don't need him. My story goes on without him. This new chapter marks a new start. And besides, I can't do this anymore. My heart has no more leeway left.

Kaminari POV

I honestly don't know what I was trying to do. Save (Y/n)? Try to be cool? Make myself worthy for one more chance? Give me an excuse to have one more chance? I don't know, but it's fine. Because all I've wanted to do for the past few weeks is slap Todoroki right across the face. And that's what I'm about to do.

I walk right up to Todoroki, raise my arm, and yell, "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?" but before my hand reaches Todoroki's 'beautiful' face, (Y/n) grabs a hold of my arm.

I look down at her and she says, "Thank you," with that gorgeous sad smile of hers. "But it's fine. I've realized that I was stupid. I'm done."

"Shoto," she says. "Thank you for all these years, but I'm done. I can't take it anymore. My hearts going to break. Goodbye, and have fun with Momo," she ends with a smile and runs out the door.

"(Y/n)!" Todoroki says and tries to follow her but Uraraka soon stops him.

"Are you serious? Now you try to chase her? Can't you tell that you're too late? Can't you tell that it's too late after you've been dumped? I warned you, but you didn't listen. I don't even know how you managed to get such a great girl to stay with you for that long. And don't even think of apologizing now, you don't get to do anything anymore." Uraraka says.

I run after her but she's already gone once I get to the hallway. I spend a lot of time looking for her.

(Y/n) POV

I cry a bit more and stand straight. I look up ahead of me and think about it. This is my story. My life is my story. I'm not going to let some stupid guy ruin half of it. I'm free now. I've wasted too many chapters of my life, writing about some stupid guy, but from here on, it's me. It's about people I truly love and people that truly love me. I don't know how long it'll take for me to find a person like that, I don't even know if I'll ever find someone like that but I'll keep searching. I'll search for someone that fits my story.

I walk into our classroom and sit in a corner. I can't possibly go back, I don't know what kind of face to make.

But after all, I am a bit sad. Then the door opens and Kaminari comes rushing in.

"(Y/n)!" he says. "Are you okay?"

"Haha," I laugh. "Of course..."

He immediately pulls me into a tight hug and says, "You can cry, you're allowed to cry." That hit me. I can't stop the tears from flowing down now. After what seems like forever, I finally stop crying.

"You're always here for me aren't you?" I chuckle. "Feel free to tell me anything okay? I have a tight mouth and I'm a pretty good listener!"

"T-then, I guess I do have one thing that I want to say to you," he says. "(Y/n), I know that this is kind of mean and rude for me to say this now, but would you hear me out?"

"Yes, of course," I say. "What is it?"

"(Y/n), I love you," he says.

Maybe I won't have to search too far to find the person for my story.

(A/N Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I'm so sorry that it's so short, it's only 800 words and I usually write at least 1500. I'm sorry but I hope you'll continue to read this fanfic until the end for this is the second-last or third-last chapter of this fic. Again, please vote for me at BnhaAwards, for BNHA Awards 2020. Thank you very much. I really hope you enjoyed it and I hope to see you next chapter! PLUS ULTRA!!!!)