Chapter 5: First Day of School

"Okay! I'll get going!" I say and run out the door. I run next door and ring the doorbell. About 10 seconds later, Shoto comes and opens the door.

"(Y/n)? Why are you already here? It's still 6:30! I just woke up," he says groggily.

"Come on, come on! Hurry hurry! It's the first day of high school! We're going to UA! We're in the same class again!" I say.

"Okay, okay. Why don't you come in, while you wait for me? I need to grab some breakfast," he says.

I feel the life suck out of me. In the Todoroki residence where Endeavour is? No way. Absolutely no way. "I'm going to go back home and get a little more sleep then..." I say starting to walk back the way I came. "Make sure to come to get me before you leave..."

"Hey, you're fine. Are you still that afraid of Endeavour?" he asks.

"Yeah! What are you talking about? He hates every single cell in me..." I say.

"Well I hate every cell in him too so we're fine. Even," he says.

"Alright," I say and walk inside.

"Hello..." I say to Fuyumi-san while I walk in.

"My, it's been a while since I've seen you (Y/n)-chan! I'm so glad, you should invite her more often, Shoto!"

"She's terrified of Dad,"

"Geh. What did he do to her?"

"He hates her apparently. I mean he hates everyone, come on in, (Y/n),"

And then I hear a voice I haven't in a really long time. One that always manages to scare me.

"Hello, Endeavour, thank you for having me..." I say quietly but carefully.

"Oh hello (Y/n). It's nice to see you," he says in a terrifying voice.

'He definitely doesn't think it's nice to meet me!' i think in pure horror.

But I guess it's only natural. He wants to make Shoto a strong person and yet he's dating someone that has a limit to how long she can use her quirk for? That has a weak body? I don't think so. This is probably half of what's constantly going on through my head. 'Yaomomo is probably a better match for him.' She's strong, cool, she knows what she's doing. She's super smart, she looks good, her manners are perfect. Almost everything I don't have. She's so perfect it's almost scary. Endeavour probably wouldn't mind if his partner was Yaomomo.

Shoto would probably be happier if his partner was Yaomomo.

I sometimes wonder if he really wants to be with me or if he's just being nice. Maybe he likes Yaomomo for real. I've heard many people talk behind my back about how Momo and Shoto look so good together.

"(Y/n)? You should grab some breakfast too, come on!" Shoto calls out.

I don't reply. "--," I try to say something.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah... I already had breakfast though so I'll go ahead. I'll meet you at school then..." I say and leave.

I run as fast as I can to the subway station and sit on one of the benches to recover my energy. I look up at the bright blue cloudless sky. It goes on and on and on. The sky's so large... it calms me down, but even then, I'm still sad. I slowly but certainly fall asleep on the bench on the subway station. There was a chance Shoto would find me if I weren't sitting on a bench at the very end of the station...

~~~

"(L/n)-chan? Is that you?" I hear a voice say and I force my eyes open.

"Oh no. What time is it?" I say horror, "Wait, Kaminari-kun? And that uniform, you got in! I'm so glad!"

"Yup I did! I don't even know how but I managed!" he says. "But before that," he grabs my arm and pulls me onto the train. "We're going to be late!" He lets go as soon as we get on but I blush a bit. And then I get hit. In the face. By reality.

"I've never held hands with him!" I say out loud through the shock.

"Him? Who?" Kaminari asks.

"Ahaha... my boyfriend... it's weird, right? And I've been dating him for a pretty long time now..." I say in pure shock.

Kaminari POV

'Her boyfriend?' I think. My heart sinks. What am I feeling? Why am I getting depressed? I've only seen her twice! Twice! Do I like her already? But don't I feel depressed every time I find out someone has a boyfriend? Yeah, it's just another one of those...

"Ah! Kaminari, I have! We have held hands. I think about 2 or 3 times! A while back... I'm so glad that scared me for a second..." she starts to say but it goes from one ear to the next. They sound like muffles.

"But that's still pretty little, right? Hmm," she continues to say but nothing makes its way to my head.

'What? Am I actually that depressed? Ugh, this is pretty lame...' I think.

"Kaminari! We're getting off!" she calls out we both run off the train. "Now we run!" she says. "We might just make it in time!"

"Ah okay, let's go," I say and we both run. After a while, she starts to slow down.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah... I'm... sorry. I have... a weak body..." she says. "You can go on without me,"

I was about to tell her to calm down and take it easy but then I see the disappointment and frustration in her face. I don't know where this thought came from but I thought, 'Oh, many people probably rubbed it in-- that she has a weak body. She just wants to be treated normally sometimes,'

I grab her arm and pull her along.

"Let's go!" I say.

She doesn't reply for a while but in a few seconds, she says a super soft, "...yup,"

(Y/n) POV

I'm super surprised but I'm also really happy. As soon as I said that I have a weak body, I thought it was over. People always look at me with eyes of pity. That was the first time anyone just helped me keep going. It's tough but I want to try harder. I want to work harder. I want to get stronger so people don't have to pity me anymore.

We keep running or more like Kaminari keeps pulling me and we finally reach the school.

"Which class are you in, Kaminari-kun?" I ask.

"Class 1-A," he replies between breaths, "What about you?"

"Oh, me too!" I say happily. We run around trying to find the classroom. It takes a little long to find it, but we make it there.

We slide open the door, "Sorry sensei, we're super late," we say in unison.

"How are you guys this late on the first day of high school?" our (probably) homeroom teacher says, "Put your bags down and stand in the hallway until I tell you guys to get it!"

'But you just came in a few seconds ago!' the whole class thought in shock as we stood there.

It might not have been exactly the time for it but we both started to laugh. I feel like I'm able to genuinely laugh around him.

Although I was late for my first day of school, I still had fun. I had lots of fun.

(A/N Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it and thank you so much for 100 reads! *cries* Again, thank you so much for reading this fanfic and I hope to see you next chapter! PLUS ULTRA!!!!)