Chapter 14: Internships

(Y/n) POV

Today is the first day of internships. For this next week, we'll be having internships every day. Although I got many offers, I didn't like most of them because they were mostly because of my dad. I decided to go to Gunhead's Hero Agency. I got an offer and Uraraka's going too.

"Okay, I'll be off," I call to my parents before I leave the house.

"Okay, be careful!" My mom says to me. "Don't overwork yourself and have lots of fun (Y/n)!"

"Thank you," I say. "I will!"

I leave the house and walk myself to the train station. As I walk, I see Shoto leave his place and start to walk towards the station as well.

"Hey, Shoto!" I say and run up to him.

"Oh, (Y/n)," he says and waits for me to catch up to him.

We're both still a little flustered from yesterday but it doesn't change the fact that I'm extremely happy.

"So um, are you excited for your internship?" he asks.

"A little, I hope he teaches me a good way to work out and strengthen my stamina," I say.

I can tell that he's about to say something like 'Don't work too hard' so I glare at him before he gets the chance to open his mouth.

"I'm going to work hard, Shoto, don't even think of stopping me," I say.

He sighs, "Okay I won't say anything then."

I laugh a little and we walk to the station hand in hand.

"How about you, Shoto?" I ask. "What are your thoughts on Endeavour's Hero Agency?"

"I decided that I'm going to have to start using my fire quirk too so I might as well get a bit of advice and I've come to a point where I have to admit his abilities as the second-best hero after all..." he says.

"Yup! If Endeavour starts to torture you, I'm going to go to your rescue, Shoto!" I say.

He laughs and says, "Thank you (Y/n), but I'll be fine."

"Okay, but let me know if anything happens, okay?" I say.

"Okay, I will. You too, if something happens, give me a call," he says. "Oh, we're already here."

We were already at the train station. I see my train waiting and I run as fast as I can to get on it. I'm going the other way as Shoto so I say a quick bye and hop on. From the train, I wave and he waves back at me. These little things make me so unbelievably happy.

I reach Gunhead's Agency in a matter of minutes, it wasn't that far away from my place. I step off the train and walk to the hero agency a few blocks away. When I reach the agency, I find Uraraka already there.

"I'm sorry for being late," I say immediately.

"Oh, (L/n)-san, don't worry, you're not late at all," Gunhead says.

'Gosh the way he speaks is so cute,' I think.

Ochako and I quickly change into our hero costumes and head back into the lounge. Over the course of this week, we covered many different things from patroling, through workouts all the way to martial arts. I told him about my weak body and he showed me some ways I could strengthen and increase my stamina. It was a great experience and I was able to talk with Ochako-chan even more which made me super happy.

On the very last day, I was talking to Ochako-chan during one of our breaks.

"Um, (Y/n)-chan, about Todoroki..." she says.

"Yeah, what is it?" I ask.

"It's really great that he's finally treating you well but from now on, if he ever treats you badly, ever again, I think you should cut it off with him," she says.

"Wait, Ochako-chan? What?" I ask a little shocked.

"You deserve way more than him!" She raises her voice a little. "Listen (Y/n), this is a piece of advice that's probably going to help you. You're not looking for someone that's going keep talking about other girls while you're with them! You're not looking for someone that you have to chase after-- no matter how much you like them! You're looking for someone that's going to fight for you. You're looking for someone that's going to love you with everything they have. You're looking for someone that treasures you and takes you as their top priority. You deserve that much (Y/n)."

"Someone that's going to treasure me and take me as their top priority...?" I repeat out loud. "Someone that I don't need to chase after?"

For about a second, that sounds like the best thing that could happen. It sounds like a dream above dreams. But I soon snap out of it and realize, it is a dream above dreams. Nothing that I could get.

Not one person would think that way of me. Shoto's the best I can ever have.

Kaminari POV

I'm a little distracted all through my internship week. I decided that I would give up that day but I can't help but worry about (Y/n). I feel like she would keep everything to herself even if Todoroki is treating her badly again.

After all that Todoroki's done to her, she still hasn't cried. If Todoroki doesn't treat her better, even her huge heart isn't going to be able to take it anymore. He's going to bring a tear down that lovely face of hers with that beautiful smile.

If she were mine, I would never make her cry.

But if she were mine, she wouldn't smile like she smiles when she's with Todoroki. 

(A/N I'm sorry this was a really short chapter! I still hope you enjoyed it. I'll definitely try to make the next chapter a little longer. If you guys have a second to spare, please please please vote for any and every one fo my fanfics that fit in any and every category of BNHA AWARDS 2020 BnhaAwards this is their profile, thank you so so much. I hope to see you next chapter!)