6

The one

Rues POV in italics except for quotes and lyrics  in the beginning

—So many things I've got to tell youBut I'm afraid I don't know how'Cause there's a possibilityThat you'll look at me differentlyLoveEver since the first moment I spoke your nameFrom then on I knew that by you being in my lifeThings were destined ...

So many things I've got to tell you
But I'm afraid I don't know how
'Cause there's a possibility
That you'll look at me differently
Love
Ever since the first moment I spoke your name
From then on I knew that by you being in my life
Things were destined to change

"Do you think people are like, 100 straight?" Maddy asked the two.

Kat and Adelia look over at her in confusion. The three girls ride the mall escalator, passing by H&M.

"Like,100 percent gay?" She adds when she notices their looks.

They get off the escalator and walk around the quiet mall. Adelia slurps on her Starbucks Frappe.

"No, cause obviously there's like, bi people, asexual, pan—" Kat starts off.
"—Sexuality is like, a spectrum you know." Adelia finish off making both girls nod.

"Yeah, totally." Maddy looks around,distracted.

"Why?" Kat asks. Also noticing the girl's fidgeting.

"I don't know." Maddy looks down at the ground.

"Spill it Madeleine." Adelia nudges her by her backpack.

She sighs, "Do you think straight guys ever, like, watch gay porn?"

"Not if their a hundred percent straight." Kat looks over Adelia making her nod.

"I know my Fez don't be watching no gay porn. Unless their lesbians." Her and Kat laugh loudly.

"You guys just said it's a spectrum." Maddy gives them a frustrated look.

"Yeah, no either side of the spectrum is gay or straight."Adelia puts her arm around Maddy, noticing her distress.

Maddy sighs, "I fucking hate this." She leans into Adelia.

Her and Kat secretly share a look. "Is this about Nate."

"No!" Maddy sits up straight and moves away from Adelia's touch,making her frown.

"He's like super straight." She assures making them hum.

"About your dad?" Kat questions again.

"That would explain why their fighting." Adelia shakes her head.

"It's not about any guy that I know." Maddy insists making Adelia not believe her one bit.

They were literally best friends for a reason. Adelia knew when Maddy was lying, and she also knew when Maddy was hurting.

"Look, all I know is that most guys are like, weird, gross, and fucking pathetic." Kat laughs.