Oswald (1)

I pulled my hood over my face and ran along the roof top as I heard shouting behind me. I smiled as I slid down a pole and dropped to the street. I quickly took off down an alley way and towards a bus. I climbed on and took my hood of. I sent the driver a smile as I set down and he took off.

"Well that was close." I whispered as I looked out the window.

I had been running from the cops after I was set up to take a fall for my employer, The Riddler. I was to go in and kill a enemy of his, but instead of finding my target I found the whole Police Department, Lucky I got out of there without anyone seeing my face.

I leaned back in my seat and let out a sigh as I waited for the bus to stop. When it did I climbed off and walked down the street. I bit my lip as I saw that I was outside the Penguin's club. I smiled as an idea hit me. I walked to the front and sent the bouncer a wink as he let me through. I walked inside and looked around for the main boss.

"Lost?" A voice asked.

I turned to see a man a little taller then me walk up to me. His hair was spike up and he had a nice suit on, along with an umbrella.

"First time being here.... I've heard it's the best place in Gotham for a girl like me." I said with a smile. 

"Oswald Cobblepot, and you are?" He asked with a smile.

"(Y/n) (L/n), a pleasure to meet you."

"Mind having dinner with me? This place has the best steak."

"Love to." I said as he took my arm and led me to a table.

For the next hour I set and talked with Oswald. I laughed at a failed attempt at a joke.

"That was the worse joke I've ever heard." I said as I shook my head.

"You still laughed though." He said with a smile.

"Only cause it was so horrible."

He let out a laugh and then looked at his watch.

"Damn, it's time for the place to close." He said as he looked up.

"Well I had a wonderful time... maybe we can do this again sometime." I said with a smile.

"How about Wednesday at 4?" He asked with a smile.

"I'll see you then." I said as I stood up.

I went to pull out my wallet but he shook his head.

"On me." He said with a smile.

"Thank you, but you better know I'm buying you dinner next time." I said as I turned and left the club.

When I made it out I hit my head and let out a groan.

"I forgot I was suppose to talk to Penguin.... well I'm coming back Wednesday so maybe I can then." I said as I shook my head.

For the next few weeks I ended up meeting Oswald at the club and forgetting to ask about Penguin.

"So I was wondering if you'd like to come to the Valentines party with me." Oswald said with a smile.

"Valentines party? When did that become a thing?" I asked with a laugh.

"The owner's idea."

"Penguin's idea?" I asked softly.

"Yea, rumor is he is suppose to be there." He said calmly.

"A chance to see the Penguin in action sign me up." I said with a laugh.

"Have you never met him?" Oswald asked as he took a sip of his drink.