Chapter 12

She was getting ready for school. She wrapped her hijab securely on her head. Irfan came in and saw his beautiful wife. He couldn't tear his gaze off her.

"I know I look beautiful."

"Swears! you look very beautiful all the time."

"Kamar wata Amarya ko. like a new bride right?"

"Ai ke amrayn ce. but you are a new bride."

"A'a kamar dai wata subuwar Amarya irin ta sati biyu haka...no, like a two-week-old bride, when people ask me how my husband is, I would be like,
yana nan qalau. He is fine." Nasreen mimicked a sluggishly slow voice. Irfan laughed hard
"So that is how you do when people ask you of me?"
"Yeah, even more than this sometimes."
"You are very very like that, oya come let me snap you."
"Kai baabah... chop knuckle," Nasreen said with gusto your head dey there..."

"I am taking your AMG to school today Irfan... I have too much drip today, let me complement it." "Yes, babes," Irfan said as he escorted her outside, he held her laptop backpack for her as they came down the stairs...

"Have a nice day." He plastered a soft kiss on her forehead  "Go, you have an exam to conduct you don't want to be late.."

"With or without me the exams will still hold so I don't give a damn." She deepened the kiss avidly...
Her phone rang.
"Oh, Dr Hajara I am on my way."

He couldn't stop smiling

He couldn't stop smiling...  Nasreen watched him from her rear mirror she saw him smiling at her...  He was unaware that she could see him. Her heart soared in delight. She was irrevocably in love with her husband... 

****
She wanted to surprise her husband by visiting his workplace, she had never been to his workplace.
When she stepped into the building everybody was greeting her. Nasreen was surprised how they knew her.
"Welcome madam."

"Hello, good afternoon."  Nasreen greeted Irfan's PA, Amos. After they exchanged pleasantries.
"You can wait in his office, he just stepped out for a meeting."
"Okay, no problem how is your family?"
"Everybody is fine, would you like some tea?"
"No, thanks." "Okay, I'll take my leave now."