Chapter 16

So the black-eyed guy is back with a bang... way to go Habeeb. A lot of things happened in the last chapter, Nasreen is pregnant, congrats to her 🤗 and what is going on with Irfan.. is it okay for him to be that angry? What are your thoughts...

It had been two days, Nasreen had not spoken to Irfan. Or rather Irfan had not spoken to her.
She pondered how Habeeb came out with such a plan to ruin her relationship.
Well done Habeeb you got what you wanted. She said in her mind. She was giving Irfan space so his anger could quell, and then she would explain things to him calmly. She prepared his favourite meal, with great effort, she vomited a lot cause some of the spices made her nauseous. Today she would sit and talk things out with him like normal people. Like how a husband and wife should do when there is an issue between them.

Thinking about Irfan, he stepped inside the house he said his Salam, not expecting Nasreen to be there cause he barely saw her.
When his eyes landed on hers, she looked at him without batting an eyelash, the same way he looked at her, unable to utter any word. How ironic it is today, the two banterers couldn't speak to each other!!

He did not take his eyes off her, but still, he couldn't look deep inside her eyes, it hurt too much to look at her, memories of those forbidden pictures came back to him with full force, He looked at her in despair, and walked away.

Walking past her, she wanted to speak.. but Irfan won't even stop to look at her.

"Irfan please hear me out," she scurried after him.
"Irfan I promise those pictures are not recent...
believe me, I didn't know he was going to be there."
"If you know what is good for you will shut up Nasreen, tell that to someone ready to believe."

He banged the door on her face. She stood rooted to where she was, unable to react, she exhaled deeply before she turned away, and ran to her room.

She slithered on the door, letting the whole tears flow uncontrollably. Stupid Nasreen why are you bothering yourself for something that you didn't do, why do you always have to let yourself get hurt...

You have had enough Nas, stop crying you have to be strong for yourself now more than ever. She wiped her tears and laid on her bed, the tears still won't just stop flowing.

Irfan, on the other hand, was restless he loosened his tie to catch some air, the cloth that was snugly fit on him had become loose on him.  He knew Nasreen won't do such a thing, then why was he finding it hard to accept it.
Ya Allah please help me and ease all my affairs. He prayed to his lord.

******
Three days passed the couples were still living like angels and devils. Irfan had not set eyes on her or heard any movements or sound, He was muddled, as the house was quiet, strange he thought!! If Nasreen was at home you could tell because of some sounds she made, maybe in the kitchen, or when climbing the stairs. But today the house was awfully quiet, his heart palpitated a million times,  he had checked everywhere in the house, and outside she wasn't there, where could she be? He panicked.

He asked the security officer outside. He said he hadn't seen her also and he was positive she didn't go out.

Where could she possibly be? He went inside the house picked his phone and dialled her number it was ringing but she didn't pick, cause she was in the bathroom puking out her guts, she could hear her phone ring but she was too weak to stand up.

She sat on the floor and rested her head on the toilet bowl. Her morning sickness had been escalating by the day, she always vomited, and the sight or smell of food made her tummy churn, that was why when Irfan peeked in her room to check on her she was in her balcony, it was there she laid down, where she could breathe fresh air, and the smell of anything won't disturb her.