Chapter 22

Where are my people at? Syd_Vee @Salma_
hassan7 . And the rest of my lovely readers waiting for an update. Thanks a lot, you guys.😻

Nasreen's physiotherapy was to start today, and she had been so anxious, finally, she would be able to feel her feet, staying on the bed for eighteen days was not an easy task. The urinary Cather was still attached to her, everywhere in her body was numb, except the little life growing in her.

**
"Irfan I don't know if I can do this, it is really hard." "You can do it, Nas." "Just lift your leg carefully." The physiotherapist said.  He wrapped his warm hands in hers.

He gave her an assuring look. "You can do this babe just take one step at a time." "Okay Irfan." she nodded with determination and clutched the walking aid tightly. 

She dragged one foot, Irfan was holding her waist, and then she dragged the other foot.  "Yay! Nas you did it," Nasreen forced a teary smile. "Okay, Nas move slowly... slowly." He said and he let go of her. She stood for some seconds and then was about to fall Irfan quickly grabbed her by the waist.

"I can't Irfan its hard, am so sorry." She said in tears. "It's alright my love you did great, you don't have to be sorry about anything, I am proud of you, you'll see with more practice you would do better, do you want to rest or you want to try again."

"I want to try again."  This time she said with more determination. "Okay, my love." He kissed her forehead and her barely a noticeable bump. "Okay let's do this babe." He helped her up and she took one step and then another step, and another step, until Irfan let go of her. "Just a few more steps." The physiotherapist encouraged. She lifted one heavy foot at a time and she walked this time without the walking aid.

"Walk to me, my love." The simple act of walking had become a great ordeal for her now, it wasn't easy at all, she was having a dreadful feeling that she would never be like how she was before.

"Yes, my love you did it." "But with great effort." She panted as sweat trickled down her hairline to her temple, and he enveloped her in the warm hug. "I'll see you guys tomorrow same time." physiotherapist Bisola said.

They were interrupted by her mom and brothers. "What did we miss," Imran asked. "Mom look I can walk now, I walked."
"Masha Allah, Alhamdulilah Nasreen." Her mother walked up to her and hugged her. Her brothers did their signature handshake With her. "Drip drip!!"  Sudais and Imran said "Sauce." Nasreen replied.

The doctor came in. "Nasreen our Shero... We are all proud of you, you are a miracle, soon you will be discharged don't worry,  I'm sure you are tired of the hospital?" " Yes I am, and I can't wait to get out of here, if I leave I am not coming back."  "Shucks you have to come regularly for your baby, you are still with us until your child is born." "Oh no," she said feigning pain. Everybody smiled at her, she smiled back heartily.

"Nasreen so you remember your husband now? How did you get to remember him so quickly?" Hajara teased? Nasreen's mind drifted back to the passionate kiss. "I never forgot him mum I only wanted to see his reaction."

"Kai, Nasreen you will never change, Ai if you forget Irfan you are on your own, duk soyyayar da kuke yi. With all  the love you guys do."  Nasreen laughed shyly. "Where is my daddy?" "He went to work." "What of Ya Sultana?"  "She would be here anytime soon."

*****
Days passed by and Nasreen's recovery sped faster, it had been two weeks since she was out of the coma, There had been great improvement in her health as the days went by, she was able to move her limbs flexibly, she had been walking on her own effortlessly. The doctor gave a green signal that she would soon be discharged.