Chapter 24

🌚🌚 Hello guys🤗🤗

Nasreen knew she made things easy for Irfan, she did not know what came over her, when he came to her room that night she wanted to send him away, she wanted to slam the door on his face and tell him to get out. Her heart was crippled by the pain he cursed her it bled, cause it hurt too much.

But she couldn't,  she was taken aback by his action, the way he kissed her sent her to another world, she couldn't protest, and the heart wants what it wants, when she saw him for a moment she forgot about everything in the world, all her worries, she just wanted to feel his warmth and not be angry at him, what is life worth living for if there was no love.  And there was no forgiveness without love and no love without forgiveness after all.

But she was glad she flushed his key, she wanted to destroy something of more substance, she could have burnt the car but what for? Why would she cause him such pain, if she was going to stay with him? 

Irfan on the other hand was happy his Nasreen was back, but that did not mean that things had gone back to normal with him.

She didn't sleep in his room, she didn't give him early morning kisses. Although there were times she did little things for him like charge his phone when he slept off, prepared a nice meal for him, and that was it. He wanted to have his Nasreen back he missed her sincerely.

He woke up early that morning and presented her with breakfast in bed. Something she loved and appreciated anytime he did.

Nasreen on the other side was curled under the duvet. She wasn't feeling well at all, her morning sickness had been escalating, she felt drowsy and light-headed.

The sight of the food broy her tummy churn, she felt the urge to throw up. She didn't throw up until she ate the first waffle, it was edible but she couldn't take it any longer she just had to barf.
Irfan was confused seeing her in a state like that, he had no idea what to do. "Sorry Nas, we should go to the hospital my love."  "Yes, Irfan, I have to go, it is important everywhere in my body aches." She said almost in tears.

"It's okay, we would pass this phase okay, it is just a matter of time before we have our little bundle of joy in our arms."  He rubbed her back soothingly.  "Let's get ready then."  "Don't worry Irfan I can manage by myself and don't you have work?"

"Work? Who am I working for? If not for you and my baby, you  and my baby are more important than any work,  you are the only thing that I've got and keeping me a whole."

"Really?" "Yes, my love." "Hmm, Okay oo."

Irfan did not like the tone she used. It made him feel as if he was bluffing.
"I am serious Nas." "What did I say Irfan?" She rolled her eyes. "Can you please take it away, I feel like throwing up." "Yes, sure babes." he hurriedly took it out of the room.

She saw how his shoulders drooped. She could have eaten it all, but the little one didn't want to eat any of the things, she knew he used all his effort to prepare it.

Irfan tided everywhere in the kitchen kept the waffle in the microwave. He remembered the day she made him his favourite dessert and he didn't even glance at it. Everything he did to her came back like a boomerang and hit him so hard.

"Am sorry Nas I cannot believe I was cruel to you, I can't ever forgive my self for causing you a lot of pain, for doubting you for a second I just pray one-day things would go back to how they were, cause without you in my life I feel empty, you give me purpose please my love I need you." He soliloquized, rehearsing the speech he would say to her.

"I thought my presence was enough for you?" He turned around and saw Nasreen leaning on the door, when she looked at him regret and worry were etched all over his face, especially in his eyes.
"Nasreen!! How long have you been standing there?" He asked surprisedly. "Long enough to have listened to you talk to yourself."
She stood in front of him and ran her hands all over his shaved beards, tears were forming in her eyes already. She inched higher and embraced him in a bone-crushing hug.