Eleven || Self

~Tristan~

"Hmm,"  

I tie the knot on my silk robe as I step out of the bathroom. My messy mop of dark brown hair falling in my eyes, making me believe I should probably invest in a haircut sometime soon. Not like it mattered how I look anyway. 

I don't have a mate to impress. 

I lay my Burgandy uniform on the soft chair near my bed, my wet footsteps echoing on the walls of the nearly empty studio apartment I call home during the school year. This, however, would be my last first day of school because at the end of this year I'll finally be graduating from the elite private school.

After setting out the silk black tie, I plop myself down at the very bottom of the king-sized bed. Not a sound single sound could be heard with the exception of my own breathing and it was going to drive me insane. 

With a long sigh, I fall back onto the soft mattress and stare at the ceiling. Unable to control the tears as they rolled down my blushed cheeks to the white comforter below. I stretched out my arms, imagining what it would feel like to have them gently brush against someone else. But of course they never do and they never will. 

After becoming known as the infamous Alpha without a mate, my adoptive parents sent me away to this school on the other side of the island in hopes I would meet a pretty female wolf and convince her to be my 'mate'.

They had tried to explain to me that it was impossible to not have a mate on the island, that she had to be around here somewhere. But I don't think my mate is a woman. 

Sometimes, when the world gets quiet like this and I'm completely still, I can feel him. Our weakened connection like a limp sailors rope on its final string. But it was there and through it, I could feel him sometimes. I don't know what he looks like or what his name is, but I can tell you he's usually very mellow yet angry. He's a fire waiting to explode with fury yet a soft emotional boy needing attention.

The attention I would be more than happy to give him the second I find him. 

The only reason why I haven't killed myself yet through such a deep depression is because of him. What if he can feel me too? If I die, will he feel my pain? 

Will he know that it's his fault? 

I subconsciously trace the small marks on my wrist with the tips of my fingers. Doing anything in hopes he'll feel my pain and come running to protect me from myself. 

I just want to know who he is, I want to meet him and ask him why he's running away from me, or maybe he's a human and he just doesn't know any better. 

I guess if he's part human I can't fault him, I'll just have to work a little bit harder to find him. 

"I love you," I whisper to no one, knowing he could never hear me through the bond we would never fully share. 

"So please find me my love, I only have a few days left," 

I think of the plan I have in place and let out another long sigh, losing grip on my mate's emotions before descending into the darkness of my own slumber.

************

poor Tristan...