Chapter 3 - the mysterious man

I woke up with the girls all next to me. I looked at the clock an saw that it was 5:00am. I slowly crawled out an saw the girls wake up.

“Morning girls”.

“Morning dawn”.

“So who is hungry”?  They all raised their hands an so I nodded. I quickly walked over to the door an calmed myself down a bit before I stuck my head out the door an saw the boys still there. They were all dress up in some regular clothes and were lying on the floor. They couldn’t see me because I had to be invisible to go through walls. I quickly went back into the room with a startled face on.

“Ok so we can’t go out that way”.

“Then how are we going to get something for breakfast without them catching us.” I tapped my foot on the floor before I looked down an remembered that I can go through the floor.

“Clarisse hold my hand”.

“Why”.

“Just do it”. She got off the bed an walked over to me an held my hand. I closed my eyes an concentrated on becoming invisible. I then was invisible an so I fell through the floor with Clarisse and we landed in the kitchen.

“Ok you get started on some pancakes. I’ll be on lookout.” She nodded before running into the kitchen and we were still invisible. I ran up the stairs an into my office. I quickly grabbed my tablet an sent a text to dusk.

“Just got out of our room and we are still waiting for you to find us”. I sent the text on the next thing I knew dusk was looking for us with Nathan and Simon with him. I stepped out of the office still invisible then saw dusk walk towards the kitchen. I grabbed a nearby rock I found on the floor and threw it away from the kitchen. He looked where I threw it and he ran over to it.

I looked into the kitchen and I saw Clarisse making the pancakes. But then I saw Simon coming closer to me an so I moved out of his way. But I tripped on his foot an nearly fell but I grabbed the railing of the stairs an swung up into a handstand while holding the railings.

“Dusk I think something tripped on me”. Dusk looked towards me but I knew he couldn’t see me yet. But then he sniffed the air and I knew that I was doomed. He stopped sniffing an looked straight at me.

“Dawns right there”. He pointed at me an so I just turned visible. The boys looked at me doing the hands stand before I jumped up and grabbed the higher railing an pulled myself up. I saw dusk run after me an so I ran. I ran as fast as I could but then I turned the corner and Simon caught me.

I screamed while laughing as Simon laughed too. Dusk caught up to us then grabbed me an pulled me over his shoulder.

“Dusk put me down”.

“No way, not until I get my revenge on you”. But when he walked towards our room I heard an explosion an he dusk tumbled an I fell off him an was dangling from the railing. I tried to pull myself up but it was harder than I thought. But then dusk reached his hand down to me and I grabbed it. He helped me up an so I climbed over the railing an onto the floor.

“What the heck was that”.

“That was my escape routine”. I turned invisible and ran away to the sleepover room. I ran inside an saw the girls sitting on the bed. They all looked at me with a smile.

“Thanks for placing that explosion noise for me to escape”.

“No problem dawn”. I saw Clarisse had a plate of pancakes and placed them on the table we had. But then I heard another explosion noise.

“Ok you can stop doing that now”.

“That wasn’t me”. I stopped smiling an turned serious. I went to the door and ran to it. I opened it up quickly an saw smoke. I ran down with the girls behind me an saw a bunch of men and women on the ground injured. I gasped an saw some guards next to me in seconds. I looked on the ground and saw dusk and Loren there. I gasped and ran down the stairs an over to them. I went to dusk first an saw him bleeding. I quickly sat him up an grabbed my vial around my neck an placed a drop on his mark. It disappeared and he woke up gasping.